Used 2000 Ford Focus SE Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

No more Fords for me
By Shannon Hewett

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car as an inside deal. It has been towed 3 times. The fuel pump went out, the fuel line leaked, the ignition went out, the front coil springs broke, exhaust is load, replaced catolac convertor, the number three piston went out (needs new motor). I sold it to the junk yard to a sucker for 250.00. I will never buy another ford. Oh... Two of Focus friends also had the same problems. This is the worst car ever. When the fuel pump goes bad, you can't let the fuel level drop below half a tank. That makes long trips fun. Don't buy it so Ford will stop making it.

When the car shuts down because the fuel pump shuts off. I also like it when people feel sorry for you because of your car. It also helps you discover true friendship when you need a ride because your car is in the garage all the time. Thanks Ford.

Stop production of these cars. Stop ripping people off.

i love my focus!
By shannonkay

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I got my Focus in March and I have only had a few small problems such as the windshield wiper bottle leaking and the serpentine belt squeaking. Other than that, I love the easy handling and the amazing gas mileage. Not to mention the aesthetics :)

comfy, great mileage!

i really cant think of any

One of the best cars Ford made
By Jay

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

We own Ford Focus for almost 8 years and I have to say we had the least problems with with cars from all other cars we owned in the past. I never had to take this car for any major repairs. This is a very simple and quite reliable car. I had more problems with VW Passat and Saab 9.5

Reliability and fuel economy

Better power and sound system

So far so good
By hoos

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I got this as my first car. Normally I never buy American cars but I needed a car badly. I spent $1100 fix it and I still need to fix the electric and also need to replace the rotors. Aside from all that it's very comfy and I really hope it wouldn't leave me stranded. I should've gotten a Honda.

Handling is great.

Where do i start. oh yeah everything needs to be improved.

You'll get what you paid for
By Vince

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car new, before we met. I would never have bought a Ford. We had to replace the tires, brakes and rotors and needed a four wheel alignment at 25,000, We replaced the fuel pump at 50,000 and the trunk leaked but warranty covered seal replacement. When I replaced the spark plugs, the wires were bad. Ford used cheap parts. I changed the oil (Syntec) every 3000 mi. The transmission is exotic for a Ford so I made sure to get it serviced every 30K mi. We now have 107,000 and this car is still running very strong. same power as when it had 15000. no major problems, just general wear after replacing cheap factory parts. Do the scheduled maintenance and car should last years.

Factory stereo cranks. Great road handling. Still get 28 MPG. Great amenities for this level of purchase. Plenty of power when not using AC. I read some other reviews, I have had no problems with interior trim falling off or rattling. All in all a great little car for the price.

Lacks power and has very low idle speed with AC on. Lots of cheap Ford factory parts