Used 2000 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 306 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Best car so far
By jagder

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2003 with 70000.
I now has 282000 miles on it and still runs good.
Original clutch and no major repairs of any kind.

The only problems was front spring which was recall and some electrical harness issues due to salt spray.
Other than this just wear and tear items normal with putting lots of miles on a car.

I have looked at and rented the 2nd and 3rd Gen Focus and they just do not compare to how good the 1st Gen is.

Reliability and great gas mileage. Excellent manual transmission

Better corrosion prevention on rocker panel and spray shield to protect firewall area.

Love My Ford Focus
By edcetera

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

My 2000 Ford Focus is the only vehicle that I've bought brand new ... on an angry whim when another Ford I owned broke down one too many times.
Turns out, it was a great move. I've had it now for 12 years and it has 335,00 miles on it. I'm shooting for 400,000!
More importantly, other than routine maintainance, the car has only had mechanical problems 3 times in all those years and miles (a broken fan belt, and two failed alternators). That's it!
There are some minor things that have eventually failed, such as a CD player which, for some weird reason, only allows me to change CDs the first thing in the morning. I still drive it daily for work. I still drive it daily with no fears.

Very, very dependable car .... I've had only 3 mechanical problems in 12 years! Cute looking, comfortable to sit in for long periods. Great sound system. I love my Focus!

It does seem that the brakes wear out faster than they should. They also squeek something.

Great car that holds up very well
By lillymom3

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Focus as my first car in 2003 with 43,000. We've had one big issue - which was an electrical issue. I think it was a glitch for it being the first model year.. but once that was figured out this car was a dream. Fast forward 9 years to a week ago. I was driving at highway speed when someone came into my lane, I avoided them, but lost control of the car - I hit the center barrier of the highway, spun across the highway, hit the sound wall on the right shoulder and landed in the right shoulder. Car was totaled, obviously, but held up with no major damage to the cabin, and I walked away with only minor injuries. I love that car more now than I did 10 years ago.

Loved it
By travis25

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I just want to start by saying i love my Ford Focus. Ive had the car for about a week, bought it used. I only have replaced very minor things such as the sway bar links, needs tires. But really the car is great, fun and easy to drive. I have heard all the "ohh its Ford" comments but really its a great little car, and great gas mileage!

Handling, and fun to drive

Fun little car, I must say.
By darrylv

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I got the car about two years ago, from my aunt who is possibly the worst car owner on the planet. The car was broken down, barely running, dirty, everything was broken. I got my hands on it, and about 1300 dollars later, it was running good. The best part about this car is how fun it is to drive. I can take off faster than half of the cars my friends have. The car feels alive, you can feel it. I just wish it was a little bit better quality. The interior is nice, but cheap. You can tell. The outside is styled well, but it's also made with some cheap-looking parts. It also feels like it won't be running so good in a few years. Who knows, it might last me forever.

Fun to drive, fast, lively engine, styled well for a 2000, awesome speakers

cheap interior and exterior, mediocre build quality, back seat is cramped.