Used 2000 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Very reliable vehicle!
By yermom123

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

Very reliable! I have had my Ford Focus for 12 years and have never had any major problems Awesome gas milage at 32 mpg. I am six foot and it is a very confortable for me. My kids who are 5 ft. 5in. and 5ft. 6in. sat in the back seat for three hours driving to detriot with no complants. Has 200,000 miles on it and it still runs good. For its age it is still very stylish. Takes my wife to work 30 miles a day and only have to fill up the gas tank once a week. I would strongly recommend this car. Just gave it away for a 2008 for a newer 2008 Focus

Best car so far
By jagder

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2003 with 70000.
I now has 282000 miles on it and still runs good.
Original clutch and no major repairs of any kind.

The only problems was front spring which was recall and some electrical harness issues due to salt spray.
Other than this just wear and tear items normal with putting lots of miles on a car.

I have looked at and rented the 2nd and 3rd Gen Focus and they just do not compare to how good the 1st Gen is.

Reliability and great gas mileage. Excellent manual transmission

Better corrosion prevention on rocker panel and spray shield to protect firewall area.

Love My Ford Focus
By edcetera

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

My 2000 Ford Focus is the only vehicle that I've bought brand new ... on an angry whim when another Ford I owned broke down one too many times.
Turns out, it was a great move. I've had it now for 12 years and it has 335,00 miles on it. I'm shooting for 400,000!
More importantly, other than routine maintainance, the car has only had mechanical problems 3 times in all those years and miles (a broken fan belt, and two failed alternators). That's it!
There are some minor things that have eventually failed, such as a CD player which, for some weird reason, only allows me to change CDs the first thing in the morning. I still drive it daily for work. I still drive it daily with no fears.

Very, very dependable car .... I've had only 3 mechanical problems in 12 years! Cute looking, comfortable to sit in for long periods. Great sound system. I love my Focus!

It does seem that the brakes wear out faster than they should. They also squeek something.

Great car that holds up very well
By lillymom3

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Focus as my first car in 2003 with 43,000. We've had one big issue - which was an electrical issue. I think it was a glitch for it being the first model year.. but once that was figured out this car was a dream. Fast forward 9 years to a week ago. I was driving at highway speed when someone came into my lane, I avoided them, but lost control of the car - I hit the center barrier of the highway, spun across the highway, hit the sound wall on the right shoulder and landed in the right shoulder. Car was totaled, obviously, but held up with no major damage to the cabin, and I walked away with only minor injuries. I love that car more now than I did 10 years ago.

Loved it
By travis25

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I just want to start by saying i love my Ford Focus. Ive had the car for about a week, bought it used. I only have replaced very minor things such as the sway bar links, needs tires. But really the car is great, fun and easy to drive. I have heard all the "ohh its Ford" comments but really its a great little car, and great gas mileage!

Handling, and fun to drive