Used 2000 Ford Focus LX Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Worst Car Ever
By HateFocus1

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased Brand New 2000 Ford Focus Lx Sedan! Worst car ever was in the shop day after I bought it for faulty spark plugs, had the car for a year a a half, Repairs Done: 2 new engines, 4 radiators, 3 batteries, 2 alternators, 2 transmissions (ps the car is a manual and yes the transmission went out) 1 clutch (leaking) Mater cylender, Electricle wiring for exterior lights, e brake, 3 ac's, thermostat, 2 water pumps,

Design of exterior very sporty and different, interior unique and user friendly

GET RID OF THE FOCUS HORRIBLE CAR, Have had a 2000 and 2003 just as many problems with the 03 as the 2000.

Saved My Life
By Mia

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I was in my first car accident, not just a fender bender, I have a few contusions, 2nd degree burn, and two strains one in my back and the other in my neck. I could have came out a lot worse, the EMS on site told me the air bags and everything worked the way it should have. I'm still scared but thank goodness that this was all that I came out with. Its normal to get a burn from the air bag the ambulance said. I'm planning on buying another ford focus for my new car. They are fairly reliable.

2000 Ford Focus LX, auto trans, I-4
By Chris

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2007 for my wife and before I went to the Coast Guard, the engine fell apart. Two rebuilds from valve seats dropping and I had enough. After 4,500 dollars rounded I had enough. Please think about this car before you buy. Ford did not recall the valve seats in the cylinder head. Get anything above 06 and that includes all I-4's in Tauris too. 99- 05 are all bad. Just I-4's though. Huntchbacks are fine...

Great on gas communting from Denver to Houston, fun and small and great for city life.

Recalling the cylinder heads, better lighting and better engine mounting (2).

2000 Ford Focus LX
By Matt

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

Just bought this Ford Focus, and so far am quite impressed. I have already replaced the ignition coil pack, a simple 1 hour repair. Has a 140,500 miles on it, and still runs strong for a 4 cylinder. This is my first car, and so far, for the 1000 dollars I spent, (including purchase price, and the coil pack.)I am pretty happy. Car is quite and runs smooth. Good gas mileage, and very fun to drive.

Comfortable Great Gas Mileage Fun to Drive

More engine compartement room, that replacement of the coil pact took alot longer than should have, as I had to take out the battery, battery compartment, air filter, and the air filter base.

Bad/Scary
By Iseolde

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

The car was bought used and was only two years old at the time of purchase. After only 5 months of owning the car I discovered a major problem with loss of vehicle power during turning at a normal speed, which later became a recall on this vehicle. (Almost had several collisions due to this problem) The first time I called the Ford Co. about the problem they said their had been no similar reports. Also I had taken the car to the dealership 3 times for repair of this problem, which was finally solved when Ford sent me a recall notice. This was the first of several other recalls I had to have fixed. Every year something major has gone wrong, costing usually around 1K. Please spare yourself!

The car heats quickly.