Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Flex

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Love the Flex
By Jane Nemitz

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a Ford Windstar and as I now have 2 grandchildren, wanted a car with a bench seat for the second area so as to be able to accommodate the child seats as well as accommodate the parents. Has lots of room, is zippy, and love the style. I can find my car in any parking lot (right now). Head room as well as leg room is fantastic both in the front and second row. Car is quiet on the highway.

Love the interior as well as easy click access to the tailgate. My husband is tall and the leg and head space accommodates both of us. Quiet and tight on the highway.

I have removed the front headrests as I like to sit with my shoulder blades resting on the seat especially for long drives. Too big and bulky to see around. Passenger head rest was a bother for any of my friends who got in. Just put in the same headrests as the second row and it would be perfect.

Best By Far
By Jason

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the Flex after our Dodge Nitro was returned as a lemon. The Flex, which cost us about 3k more than the Nitro, is so much nicer I cannot put it into words. The ride is ultra quiet and interior feels very upscale. We test drove the Acadia, Traverse, Pilot and Highlander and the Flex stood out. Gas mileage on an all highway trip was 26mpg+. Averaging 19+ around town. Telescoping steering wheel would have been nice, but I can adjust the seat to accomodate (6'2"). 2nd row is huge. Love this car, I would definitely recommend.

Power Lift Gate, Sync, 3rd row seats flip backwards so you can tailgate/watch drive in movies, etc. and relax. Smooth ride. Sony stereo is very good for factory stereo. Interior Materials. Two-Tone Roof. Tons of headroom....TONS.

Telescoping steering wheel. The Eco- Boost engine (2010?) will make it a really big, really fun car.

Always Ford
By KGB

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were dreading picking a new car. We considered buying another brand but fell in love with yet another Ford. My kids love the comfort and the integrated DVD. I love the sync for hands free calling. We got it fully- loaded and we are so happy we did. There is even a 110v plug-in in the rear...you can blow your hair while you drive. There are two charging adapter for your devices. We love the Sirius that was included and hooking up our ipod. The engine is fantastic. We took it on a road trip the first week we had it and not a single problem. LOVE this Flex!! The 5 moon roofs are awsome!

The moon roofs, the integrated DVD with wireless headphones, sync for hands free calling and controlling the audio system.

Did hope to get better gas mileage than with our 2004 Explorer, but its still a keeper...no buyers remorse at all!

Ford Flex Windshield crack easy
By Scbetances

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my ford flex 6 months and the windshield has cracked 4 times. It cost $363.00 for a replacement each time. Ford told me sorry the nothing they can do it is the design of the ford flex and it will crack easy because it has a large windshield and will catch more of the rocks from the road.

Room for my family

Windshield so it does no cack so easly or put a warranty on it.

Not Another Mini-van
By Danno

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a family of 5 and needing to replace our Honda mini-van, we drove everything we could think of. The Flex won based on the fact it didn't drive like anything else we tested. The vehicle rides great, gets decent fuel econ (18c / 23h), and has tons of room. It doesn't handle like a large vehicle which is why it is becoming the favorite car to drive even when we don't have the kids with us. The headrests and non-telescopic steering haven't bothered me like other owners (5' 10" tall) and I find this to be one of the most comfortable cars we have ever owned. The Sync system is outstanding but I'm still learning some of the features. www.syncmyride.com has updates and useful info for owners.

Sync, vista roof, family DVD, HID headlights, quality interior materials, sweet sound system, ride / handling, NVH, doesn't look or drive like our Honda mini-van (hated it), kids love the ambient lighting. Also love the fact that free oil changes are the only reason I've been back to the dealer.

Still not sold on the exterior looks. The driver seat has a piece of plastic trim on the left front foot that I hit every time I exit the vehicle. I expect it to fall off soon. The factory nav system is WAY too expensive.