Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Great long distance commuter car
By RTinSD

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car new in June 2007 and to date have accumulated over 91,000 miles commuting. Other than a rear brake recall, the car has been flawless. Gets 28+ mpg consistently. Comfortable, quiet, roomy. This car is proof that America can build a reliable vehicle.

Seating position and large front windshield. Rear parking sensors.

auxiliary plug-in for an MP3 player

Just what I expected
By Texmarc

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After reading numerous reviews I was sold on this car. I bought a retired company car (they maintained the car very well), a little high on mileage butwith the excellent shape of the car I thought the maintenance records outweighed the mileage (60k). The SEL has great looks; when I park next to other cars it really is a big car; averaging about 25 MPG; quiet, solid and overall very easy to drive. I paid 10,500; not a steal, but a good deal. Minor complaint: why put an sat. ready radio in the car withour the tuner?? Will cost aout $100 to convert to recieve SIRIUS; stereo is the basic CD-AM/FM and has good sound. Black is very classy, hard to keep clean; but with tinted windows looks sharp.

very comfortable ride, quiet, hassle free controls, high seating, great crusier on highway, easy city driving, more room than I'll ever use. Last owner installed Michelin Hydro Edge tires 4k B4 I bought: strongly recommend these tires; great grip and no better tires for this car.

CVT has mixed reviews; so far so good. Ford should make the radio fully functional with the sat ready attenna. Seats are good but could be a bit more plush; lumbar would be nice.

I like this car
By Robert

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The longer we own this car, the more we like it. We had one problem with abnormal brake wear and Ford took car of it even though it wasn't a warranty item. Handling is very good for such a large car (especially in snow with AWD), ride is excellent and gas mileage has been more than surprising. We got 31 mpg on a recent trip through Arizona and New Mexico. Average mpg in our local hilly/mountain area is 19 city and 26 highway (better than EPA estimate.)

The 3.0 liter V-6 give us enough power especially when coupled with the continuously variable transmission. We love the smooth functioning of the powertrain.

The automatic variable sound level with the radio is fine when the vehicle is moving but seems to reduce volume to a lower than desired level when the vehicle slows to a stop. It's still better than adjusting the volume manually, however.

My Favorite
By Lotson

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought my Five Hundred last week and I already love it. Being military I needed a good car to travel from Savannah to Ft Stewart everyday. I love the space, and the powerful V6 engine. The V6 and the AWD combine perfectly when i have one of those days, and wake up a little late.

3.0 V6 DOHC, Large trunk, Sound system

The city gas mileage could be much better, but other then that, nothing.

First & Last Ford
By thoss29

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The 1st year of ownership was great, since then we have had the rear brakes recalled because of abnormal wear & grinding under 15000 miles. Power Steering pump went bad, A/C Compressor went bad, power windows quit working, then magically fixed themselves, when I put it in gear it lunges forward if the A/C is running. If my foot is not firmly on the brakes it lunges hard enough to hit something in front or behind the vehicle. And the OEM tires lasted about 35000 miles with regular rotations. It is very comfortable & gets decent fuel mileage in town & exceptional highway mileage for a car of it's size. The shifting of automatic transmission take a little getting used to.

Highway Mileage, roominess & comfort. Big trunk size