Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Five Hundred

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

NEVER BUY THIS CAR!!!
By cjculster

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine used with only 100,000 on it and before 3 months had passed, the transmission computer was fried and I was getting an average of 15.5 mpg.
Also the tires wear out really fast, the ones that came with the car had about 10,000 miles on them and one blew out in the first 5,000 miles I drove it, this may have been a lemon tire though so I don't know if it's actually the car or not.
The brakes clog up and don't work on gravel and/or snow.

Drives smoothly and has nice comfort features. When the transmission decides it wants to work correctly, it drives like a mock sports car. Also very large interior is useful for hauling lots of stuff.

They should make the computer higher quality. They could definitely improve the gas mileage and the brakes could be improved so they don't clog up on gravel or snow.

Its a great car!
By gibson63

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2007 SEL that I love! It is so comfortable for myself who is 6'2", I really like the stadium style seating, to sit higher is so much more like sitting in a chair. The back leg room is amazing and so is the trunk space, then to have the back seats drop down even more space. It is very deceiving from the outside, it does not look that roomy until you get inside. I like the style of the car, I do not get the "boring" label given to it. The issue of power, I have not felt it be a problem, I drive in the Bay area and if I can make it there anyone else should be able to. I did have the brakes replaced by Ford during an oil change they suggested it and was covered by them at 24K.

Great amount of room in the cabin and trunk. Lots of cup holders and storage on doors. Great driver visability. A real value to buy a used one with lots of options and get a well built car at a lot less than new cars out there, I have seen some with less than 30k with all the options for $10 to $15 thousand. Nice color choices.

Lacks kick
By gonskeen

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Got the car new in October, 2006 as a Company Car. Upgraded to the limited & got the leather, full power, upgraded radio, heated seats etc. Very roomy car & comfortable on long trips. Handles fine in the snow. I put snow tires on it in the winter. Overall very reliable. The engine has always been on the loud side & lacks spunk. The alternator has gone out 2x, currently on its 3rd. The heated seats have also malfunctioned 2x. Biggest issue is the A/C. It stopped giving cold air at low speeds & idle last year. Brought it to a local dealer 3x. They replaced the condensor & to this date, still doesnt work right.

Good Radio. Heated Seats. Trunk Space.

Wouldn't Buy One if I were you......
By jbrkmo

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Ford 500 used at 55,000 miles and have had problems with it ever since. It lopes when you're driving at low speeds (especially when the A/C is on). The transmission shifts hard, slips, and is now making loud "clunking" noises. We were told that this CVT transmission was supposed to shift smoothly like you couldn't even feel it.....yea right.....It might shift a little smoother than a dumptruck. We have an extended warranty, but now we're having trouble even finding anyone who will work on these transmissions in the third-largest city of our state. The rubber around the gear shift is now bunching up making it hard to even put in drive, then it slips out of drive while moving.

Large trunk, Roomy interior....everything else is average or way below average. There's a reason why they changed the name back to "Taurus" and it's not because nobody knew what the Ford 500 was (like we were told). It's because everyone was starting to find out they were junk.

Everything but the roomy interior and large trunk.

not getting rid of it
By jadebudan

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We just got 14 inches of snow and i decided that i might want something with four wheel drive. i found a jeep and went to read the reviews on it.. they were mostly very bad! so i figured i would read the reviews on my car and they were amazing which made me realize that i do have a great car. i only had a weird electrical problem with my dash that hasnt happened after it happen that once ( all the gages wouldnt move and then were jumping up and down while i was driving.. did this happen to anyone else??). I am very glad that i got this wonderful car and im definitley not trading it in anytime soon!