Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Big Blue
By richy07

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine with 20K miles, big blue now has 110K.
I've replaced the battery, frt brakes, rear brakes twice, rear rotors and tires.
I previously drove a 2 dr buick regal that I LOVED for 14yrs.
I never liked 4dr vehicles but the regal & monte carlo were out of circulation, I was forced into one. It was hard to get used to it, (didn't 'go' like the regal!), hydroplaning but the new tires stopped that. It's been 6 yrs and this has been an extremely comfortable, dependable, efficient vehicle I have grown to appreciate. I wouldn't say it's "fun to drive".
The only maintenance I do is oil change/tire rotation every 5000-6000 miles, waste of money before 5k. I get 25-27 mpg.

I love the combination door entry and the moonroof. The fold down seats are awesome, along with the large trunk I can transport large items like a recliner, 8ft folding tables, even a dresser. The dual a/c control is great. The car is really roomy and comfortable.

Cloth seats, key entry for trunk, I've yet to find the "mp3" port, better grade carpet, side molding to protect exterior from car dings, more power.

LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By rainibow

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with 100,000 miles on it.
I have since only replaced the rear brakes and it is due for new spark plugs and wires, but nothing major. The only complaint I have is that my traction control light comes on randomly and I can not figure out what is wrong.
That is a bummer, but nothing too bad.
I drive 100 miles a day for work and this car makes it tolerable.
It is very comfortable and reliable.
It doesn't get the best mpg, but the comfort makes up for that.
I have 2 teenagers and they say they have tons of room in the back.
It is now at 130,000 miles and I am hoping it will survive a few more years!!!
I would recommend this car!!

Comfort, comfort, comfort!!!

Love the Car!
By bayliner2255

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car 3 years ago with 40k miles and now have 82k miles and I want another one! With mix driving i get 28.6mpg and thats with my own math! It gets up moves when i want it too and i love the sound of the v6 in it! Very comfortable car to take on road trips! I love the exterior styling of the car! Everytime i look at the car I fall back in love! I do think they could have done a little more on the dash to make it more stylish but i still think the dash is very nice and user friendly! I do recommend this car to anyone and everyone. Good on fuel, stylish, and fun to drive!

The exterior styling

I wish they would have offered a v8 or something more in it!

WAY UNDER RATED
By scotsman5

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My 2007 I bought new. The only thing that we replaced is a altenator and battery once and the normal brakes, tires, filters, tuneups. This car still drives and rides like the day we bought it. The car has 182,488k miles. I'd buy a new one but ford no longer builds them. Ready to buy another with 37k miles. Love these cars.

Its a great car!
By gibson63

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2007 SEL that I love! It is so comfortable for myself who is 6'2", I really like the stadium style seating, to sit higher is so much more like sitting in a chair. The back leg room is amazing and so is the trunk space, then to have the back seats drop down even more space. It is very deceiving from the outside, it does not look that roomy until you get inside. I like the style of the car, I do not get the "boring" label given to it. The issue of power, I have not felt it be a problem, I drive in the Bay area and if I can make it there anyone else should be able to. I did have the brakes replaced by Ford during an oil change they suggested it and was covered by them at 24K.

Great amount of room in the cabin and trunk. Lots of cup holders and storage on doors. Great driver visability. A real value to buy a used one with lots of options and get a well built car at a lot less than new cars out there, I have seen some with less than 30k with all the options for $10 to $15 thousand. Nice color choices.