Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Best of The Best
By Robert Staples

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great Car! Lots of Room, Nice Ride, Comfortable, It has been a Joy to Own!

FANTASTIC CAR,LUV IT!!!
By veronica taylor

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first luxury vehicle,my mother absolutely loves to ride in my car, even though she owns a NEW TOYOTA. THE RIDE IS SMOOTH, when I drive my car I feel like I am driving an SUV.

This is a very elegant looking vehecle Very roomy, stylish

No improvements, great car.

Great car for the money
By Mark

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought this car and was very surprised at the deal I got 12600 sel awd and only 17k. This was a no brainer. I just do not know why there are so many of them out there for such a great price. I love the features.

The leather interior and the dash. This is a classy ride, the space is incredible why would you want a large suv when this has as much room with better mileage.

The exterior styling needs something just not sure what it just needs to stand out a bit more nothing distinctive

Buy a newer Taurus
By Dondi

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle with 19k miles on the odometer and remaining factory warranty. For a small V-6 (3.0) it performed very well. The 6 speed auto always had a gear appropriate for the traffic needs. At 53000 miles the rear rotors went metal to metal. Found that many owners go through rear pads every 20k miles. Ford has offered a pad with slightly different material that lasts as long as 30k miles. I did the repair myself and found that it had already been done before. My wife and I are very conservative drivers so the "premature" brake wear was a real concern. At 53k miles after the brake issue, we found a large oil leak coming from the rear main seal area. Traded to a Chevrolet Impala

Interior space like a limo!! Massive trunk capacity. Decent fuel economy for a 4000lb auto with a 3.0 liter V-6.

Most of my concerns have been addressed with the changes made in 2008 when the vehicle became the "New Taurus".

Lousy brakes
By Capt. Bill

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a series of Tauruses and decided to go with the 500 since they were phasing out the Taurus. This car is very comfortable and reliable. It is actually quite luxurious and is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned in 40 years. It gets up to 27.5 mpg on a trip and 23-24 around town. I wish it had more power and a stiffer suspension. The brakes work fine but have been noisy and and vibrate ever since I owned the car. Stereo is great. Need a better trunk light and there is no light in the glove box. It will haul a mountain of luggage or put the seat down and haul other oddball items.

Gas mileage, comfort, looks