Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews - 179 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Best In Comfort
By Rob

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Some of you might have read the review I wrote on my 1999 Ford Escort LX and this is the car I currently own. After realizing that the possibilities of finding an engine for my escort under 100k was slim I decided to look on Craigslist in my area for a new car. This is what I found I now own a 2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL; Ill be honest there are areas in this car that I like better than my old Escort but then there are some areas where I liked my escort more. For having a fun time the escort would put a better smile on your face while driving to where as in this car you are guaranteed a better feeling ride with more comfort. When I first got this car I utilized the 6 disc cd player quite a bit as a matter of fact to this day I still do. I love having a moon roof over my head so on sunny nice days I can put my sunglasses on and push the button to have fresh air in the car. The cornering in it is scary you never want to take a curve too fast in this car. However if you are a little older and wanting some comfort and a nice looking car at that as well. Then this is the car for you. I found mine on craigslist for little over 3k and it has been a very good car.

Transmission issues low resale
By Gordon

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My company buys and sells cars at police auctions in public auctions all day all the time. However, like any consumer do your homework on this car. This is one car we stay away from from buying at auctions. The resale value is horrible. We had one 2006 that retailed $22000 in 2007 but by 2010 the retail value was $6,242. The interior is crap in the leather will start to peel after about 25 thousand miles. We also use one of these cars for a little bit because we couldn't sell it I drove it to 78000 and by then it it already gone through two sets of tires two sets of breaks one transmission 1 timing belt - alternators & a radiator if you have the money for repairs you're going to need it

AWESOME!!!!!!
By ken

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car I have owned for 4 yrs it had 83000 miles on it.I have had no issues, except sqeeky brakes.I'm going to upgrade them to drilled and slotted rotors and proformance pads.hoping this fixes it.but it's a great car.I have a bad back and the ease of getting in and out is great.it's a must have car.unless u want a fast car.this is a luxury car as far as I'm concerned.

105,000 miles, 2nd CVT fail
By Brandi

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought at 7 miles old. After a wk & a half the cvt trans had to be replaced. Again at 105,000 miles its getting replaced again. I've lost all faith and trust in ford. How can they have so many problems with these particular cvts and not feel at least some responsibility for it? I feel very cheated by ford.

My 2006 Ford Five Hundred with the CVT
By Judy Thompson

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my car, I bought the SEL, it had the throttle body problem when I purchased it but didn't know what was the problem, brand new off the lot, and it too a long time for that to be recalled, in the mean time I had the TB "cleaned" twice then when the recall finally came they had to completely replace it and it was a bad situation really and very dangerous to drive. The CVT transmission has been great I love it! I have had no problems at all. The air conditioner stopped working properly after 4 years, had to start adding freon within a couple of years, and now we had to put stop leak in it. I hope that works. It is a comfortable car, I paid too much for it without many bells and whistles, but I still love the car. Only other problem I had to replace the alternator and battery. I then bought a 2007 Limited Ford Five Hundred 2 years ago. Great car, but seems to be a heavy car and more of a crusing car. I drive 100 miles a day to work. My black car sits until I can make sure the air works and purchase new tires. A deer hit me 2 months ago and put dents in the car really bad and since it has so many miles I am not repairing it. The 2006 has 238,000 miles on it, and I hope it runs another 100,000 at least! I love that car. But the 2007 Limited is not the car I thought it would be but it is still reliable and I still like it. I would love to have another brand new Ford Five Hundred like my 2006 model!