Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Our Ford
By Scotty

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought to replace a '97 Buick Regal GS. Not near the HP of the supercharged Buick, but enough for our needs. Interior is great, more than enough room. Seats are comfortable on long trips, tall seating position is great, better than the Buick. Car does not stand out on exterior styling, certainly not a Chrysler 300. Our daughter says it is a car we can grow old with. She says it is a geezer car (she drives a Mustang). CVT was a little odd at first, but we got used to it. AWD drive is great on nasty roads. When it is bad we can actually take the direct route home up a hill without going out of the way for a flatter path.

AWD, plethora of cup holders, trunk is huge, roomy interior, driving position, large rear-view mirrors, plenty of interior storage, engine heater plug is sturdy and accessible, CVT once you get used to it.

I wish the heat warmer seats were not on a timer, I don't like the faux wood grain interior trim and the goofy clock in the middle of the dash, the Audiophile sound system is weak, wish I could plug my iPod into the sound system, needs two power outlets in the back, heater burns right foot.

mpg over rated in 500
By Jim

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2006 500 Limited. My shock was that it averages 5 mpg less than the sticker. Instead of getting 29 highway I am getting 24.5 mpg and I am only getting 18 in city. This is based upon the onboard computer. Each of my former vehicles my mpg matched the highway mileage for performance. Same roads - what a disappointment! Radio is cheap, too.

The seats, the headroom, the trunk, the safety, the brakes, the Volvo frame.

Re-tune the engine/carb for better mpg. Seat heating unit should be moved under the seat instead of in front of it. My shoe keeps hitting it. Add a telescoping tilt wheel.

A good car
By ALECAT

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Best car I have ever owned, have not had it back to dealership for any reason except oil changes. I have two identical ones, except for exterior color, and both of them have performed flawlessly. As for power it is not a sports car but it is fast enough. The CVT was a bit hard to get used to as for no shift points. The mileage I get from mine is around 30 mpg at 70 mph. A/C on, and two people in the car. I would buy another of these cars any day.

CVT, AWD, heated seats,easy entry and exit, comfort, good mileage.

Mine does not have a navigation system, and I like the new three bar grill.

Ford 500
By Jerry Paison

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car is the best "comfort" car I ever owned. The engine/CVT are smooth and quite. The interior seats are comfortable, and interior space is huge. The truck will carry a lot of luggage, golf clubs, etc.

CVT transmission.

None. Leave it alone.

Great Automobile
By jimbo

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

First car I bought other than a Taurus for over 20 years and am very pleased. Great riding, extremely comfortable and spacious with room in the back.

Trunk size, comfort, roominess, outside key combination lock, leg room. First Ford I've had that doesn't fog up in wet weather.

Knees hit side molding on door. Rear view mirror is difficult to see out of. Remote starter would be a plus.