Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five Hundred

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Family Car
By Engineer

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Limited is comfortable and economical. I am not one for all the hype about more power. There is enough power for sensible driving in my situation. On two long trips, 2900 miles for 2 persons and 850 miles for 4 persons through Texas and the central Mid West, the transmission did downshift when using cruise on the rolling hills. The first time it downshifted two gears at 80 mph (2200 rpm to almost 4000 rpm) surprised me. We were all comfortable during these trips. We bought this car to get away from using a large SUV as our primary car. With the rolling hills and a heavy load with air on we get about 26 mpg on the highway, on level ground and normal load it is near the 29 mark.

Large seating and trunk, economy, comfort, looks.

Look at the cruise control design to minimize the shifting on rolling highway hills.

Lots of room, but electrical problems
By ebutterfly

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car has lots of room and great to have with 2 kids. The problems that we have had though is that they have already had to replace the radio. It would just go out and have no sound with it. Now we are having problems with the windows not working. I don't know if we just got a lemon or if this is a manufacturing problem. If the windows are working, I love this car.

The huge trunk, plenty of room for my 6'4" husband to sit in the back seat and entertain kids, room for 3 people in the back.

Windows need to work all the time, Radio doesn't need to be replaced after only a year.

Best Ford Ever
By lee warren

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the Limited. This is truly a great car. Fuel economy is impressive, especially on the highway. Getting over 30mpg. I love the CVT transmission and build quality. A lot of car for the money.

CVT transmission, room and smoothness.

None. They got it right.

Nice vehicle
By WisconsinGal

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the SEL in March of 2006. Have yet to see 29 miles to the gallon. 24 at best. Vehicle has some type of wheel problem. they've replaced links and flushed steering column (no idea why). However, the problem with the wheel - persistent steering wheel shakes and the noise is so loud I have to turn my radio up just to hear it. Not the car I bought back in March. Computer odometer seems to be off will have them look at that as well.

Roomy.

Love the 500
By WFoley

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

As a previous Passat owner, I love the look of the Euro cars. However, as a family man I needed more room. The 500 delivers! I have been very pleasantly surprised, it is a great looking car, very comfy, very roomy, easy and intuitive controls. Highly recommend.

6 disk CD changer, sunroof, leather interior, passenger room, trunk space, steering wheel radio controls, CVT. Has excellent acceleration from stop.

Rolls a little in tight corners, engine doesn't "feel" powerful with standard driving, though it does kick in when you put the pedal down.