Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Fix the bugs
By Johnnyrama

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I really like my Ford 500 limited. I enjoy the way you sit up high with a good view. Its a big roomy, safe feeling car, with a massive trunk. I've had mine in the shop for repairs several times over the rear brakes. They had to be replaced at 20,000 miles the 1'st time, and they are still noisy, like metal to metal at times.Ive had the motor in the drivers side electric window replaced, the dash compartment lid got bubbles in it and had to be replaced, my seat heater for drivers seat had to be replaced, Ive had the trunk looked at( hard to open), and now my radio, CD, clock, is not working, back to the shop.

You sit up high with a good view of the road. Safe feeling car. Very roomy interior. Huge trunk.

Fix the bugs! Fix the brakes! No way rear brakes should have to be replaced at 20,000 miles. And mine are still noisy. Like a metal to metal sound, grinding metal, not good on a new car. Talk about a head turner, have someone look at you in a new car when they hear that sound.

Not happy with Ford 500
By Betsy

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Ford 500 1 year ago. I have had several problems...all which have been covered by warranties. My biggest complaint is with the brakes. I have had the pads replaced as often as I have had the oil changed, no joke. Also the rotars have been deglazed twice and turned once. Also there is a lot of road and engine noise while driving. I also had to replace the tires at 15k miles. Nothing lasts long on this car!!!

The interior is great with comfortable seats.

Longer lasting brakes and tires.

Safest Car in America
By TERRYP

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've driven this car for 1 year and currently have no issues. This is one solidly built automobile. I've studied the crash test data and I wasn't disappointed - 4 out of 5 tests it achieved the 5 star rating. (The 4 star rating was for rollover prevention - an issue that was corrected for 2008.) More than anything else - it is very comfortable to drive or ride in. Passengers in the back seat are surprised by the amount of leg room. When this lease is up I'm buying a Taurus.

Roominess. This car puts my wife's Crown Vic to shame. More trunk space too.

Auto unlock when ignition key turned off! After the drive unlock all the doors please.

Poor Quality. Nothing but troubles
By Paul

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Buy a Toyota or Nissan or Honda. This car is the worst. I have had nothing but troubles with it. I have had it in the shop at least 6 times in 11 months. Bad rotors, replaced rotors, ground rotors, air conditioning problem, brake out at 30K, loudest car ever. Save your money and buy Japanese. I just bought a Maxima and love it. Soon I will get rid of Ford forever.

Gasmileage

Sell the company to someone who know how to build a reliable car

Still Not Up To Par Vs. Japanese
By Freeagent35

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is a fleet vehicle supplied by my company. I drive it regularly, a mix of highway and city miles. Though a definite improvement from the Taurus, still not up to the level of quality of the better Japanese cars. Examples: (1) Hood has to be slammed to close. Don't have to do this if build quality and clearance is correct, but I have to slam the hood hard or it won't latch. Unacceptable. (2) Grinding and creaking noises in steering/suspension. This began shortly after purchase, in cold temps. Now happens regularly. I'm sick of buying imports but will have to until Detroit makes quality their number one goal. I likely would not buy one; if so, only if it was really cheap.

Variable transmission seems to improve mileage. Power curve is a little unusual, but seems to accelerate well. Car handles very well in the snow with Continental all season radials.

Rear seats should fold down. Improve fit and finish. MP3 input on stereo. Suspension and undercarriage does not appear to be well built and seems to be falling apart after 25k miles.