Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

ISSUES WITH FIVE HUNDRED
By mdarnell

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle has been in the shop for the following to be replaced and Ford will not buy it back: amp-replaced 3 times, speaker-replaced 2 times, cd-replaced 3 times, bubbling dash-5 times. This vehicle still makes a roaring noise and every electrical noise comes through the speakers. When it is very hot or extremely cold as well as after it rains in when this noise comes up. It is so loud you have to turn the radio or ignition off. We have arbitrated and they refused to still take it back. It is going back in the shop Thursday AGAIN for them to tell us they don't know what else to do. Just want to warn those of you out there.

The room that this car provides is excellent. Very comfortable to ride in.

The Long Haul
By JIM

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We live part time in Pittsburgh PA and winter in Spring Hill FL. The vehicle has been outstanding in ride and fuel economy; 28-30 on the Interstate. The only fault is too much road noise. We can pack it like a pickup due to the large trunk and the fold down seats. We see many other vehicles advertised but there are too many good points in the 500, especially the ability to have good visibility all around. It is an excellent over the road car. I now have 19,300 miles on it and will be taking a trip to Chicago in August, a round trip to Florida in September and a one way to Florida in November. Our '99 Cadillac will be sitting it out.

Good cruise control, braking is good, and comfortable to drive long distances.

Underpowered at times and need to quiet the road noise.

Fortunate 500 Owner!
By Fortunate 500 Owner

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

If there's a heaven on earth, you'll feel like you're in it when driving this car. Luxurious...every comfort I every wanted and some I didn't know existed (power brake pedals, height adjustable, speed sensitive volume - who knew!). I love this car and everyone asks me, what kind of car is this? Very nice and worth more than the price...but don't tell Ford that!

Soft leather, huge trunk and cabin, beautiful trim...all kinds of bells and whistles...champagne car for beer money!

What's up with the bubble on the dash...that's the only thing that needs fixing.

Extreme Commuter
By psychchaplain

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I run this sedan back and forth between Northern Alabama and Northern New Jersey several times each month... that's a 12 hour drive. At 75-80 mph it runs at 28 mpg. The seats are both firm and comfortable. The trunk is huge. Dealers in Alabama and New Jersey have been great about service. At 50k miles, I have had absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

I am a 50 something male of average build. The 500 "fits" me: a comfortable seat and sensible driver controls. Why this should be so hard to find in an automobile is a mystery. I also love the fold down front seat: in combination with the fold down rear seat, I can even carry 12' lumber.

Factory installed satellite radio and GPS would make this a unbeatable road cruiser. I also miss the automatic downshifting of a Chrysler cruise control, but the continuously variable transmission option (my vehicle is 6 speed automatic) might also fit this need.

Great Family Car
By Robert Emslie

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Many reviews have dunned the 500 for the Euro-styling and adequate power. What few mention is the largest in U.S. trunk and excellent fuel economy. The 21 cubic foot trunk shames the Avalon with only 14 and the ability to get 25MPG real-world on regular grade gasoline keeps me glad I made the purchase. On the down side, I wish the nav system had been available in '05 and there is a bit of wind noise around the A-pillars.

Big trunk, small-car handling, great fuel economy for a big car.

Auto-down for the passenger-side window.