Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Great Car
By Chitown

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The car was a dealer demo but with only 1,600 miles on it when purchased it was basically new. I love the fact that it is a 5 star safety rated sedan. I get 26mph on the hwy and 22 around town. The Continuously Variable Transmission once you know how it works is great. Get to speed and let off the gas a little and the RPM's fall giving you the added fuel economy for such a large sedan. It looks good, is very comfortable to drive and the trunk is large enough to carry luggage for a family of four on a weeks vacation. I have 54,000 miles with no trouble except two turn signal lights. I recommend this car two everyone who is looking for a family sedan and would buy it again.

CVT, power seats, wife and daughter loves the adjustable pedals, dual climate control, and reverse warning signal

An Unsung Gem
By shotsy

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Press had lower reviews for power and styling of this car, but I like it. The Limited version looks very nice from all angles. Body is solid. You can tell the door and panel structure is well engineered (doesn't have that paper thin feeling). The power is fine for me as I don't view it as a sports car. Interior is very clean looking (no unnecessary clutter on dash or console). This car is an excellent choice for taller people like myself. This is the first car I have owned where my knees are not hitting the dash even with the seat all the way back. Plenty of headroom as well.

Roominess. Solid construction. Safety rating.

None.

Great Replacement
By Amy W

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought his car to replace my '01 Mercury Sable LS Premium and have not been let down yet. It is far roomier and the trunk space is amazing! I have a 2 year old and can easily fit 2 strollers, high chair and our bags in the trunk when we visit my parents. It has all the amenities the Sable had, plus a few extras such as the in-dash CD changer, dual climate control and heated seats (just to name a few). This is a great family car and I would eagerly recommend one to anybody who asked.

Dual climate control, reverse sensing system, sun/moon roof, message center

Larger engine for more get up & go, but from my understanding newer models now have this. The engine in adequate and this is a family sedan, so race-car power is not expected.

Replacement vehicle
By ajw79097

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Before purchasing this vehicle, we owned an '01 Mercury Sable LS Premium sedan. My Sable was a great car and had all the amenities for someone new the owning a sedan. My Sable was starting to act its age (it had 107,000 miles on it at trade-in), so it was time to find a suitable replacement. We bought the 500 used, but it definitely didn't look to be used. The previous owner this vehicle very well and it seems practically new. Even though I've only had it less than a week, and I do miss my Sable, this is a more than suitable replacement. It offers plenty of room for all us (I have a toddler with a large car seat), handles well and is just a great overall car.

Dual climate control, power moonroof, memeory seats, contorls on the steering wheel, large trunk.

None

Love My Ford 500!
By A. Staley

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've always driven Fords but this is the best one yet! I purchased my Ford 500 last summer and I love it. It has great style and comfort. It has lots of power and is fun to drive. I get a lot of compliments on it. I recommend it to anyone who wants lots of room and a great ride with style. Gets decent gas mileage 19 to 21 mpg in city and 27 to 29 on highway.

Love the room, in dash multi cd player, dual temp control and heated seats.