Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews - 316 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Five Hundred

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Good Value
By Ted

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have 2000 miles on my SE with CVT. I like the CVT a lot. Contrary to some reviews, I do not find the car under powered. I like sitting higher although the price for this might be less agility in parking ramps. Very comfortable highway car. Gas mileage first tank in mixed driving was 20.5 mgp. A lot of car for the price. At $8000 less than the Toyota Avelon a good deal.

CVT transmission. CD player. Tall view.

Allow some of the high end options for the base model. For example the Universal Garage Door opener is only available on the Ltd. I would suggest that Ford concentrate on the base model and forgo meaningless differences between SE,SEL and Ltd.Who needs decorative plastic for $4000 more?

Great Car
By Kathy

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I fell in love with the Limited back in April and nothing else in this class would do. This is my first Ford after many Honda's. While the exterior may appear somewhat "average", I assure you that the interior is not. It's a pretty car, enormous trunk, great family car with style. I purchased a red with beige leather interior. It rides high, which feels safe. The surround airbags are a great safety feature. It's just a pretty car and I smile whenever I drive it!

Everything interior. Dash, steering column shortcuts, analog clock that actually works!

Well, my passenger side door moulding keeps falling off, but other than that, I'm happy. Sometimes the engine hesitates just a bit.

A winner in the 500
By Ward

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 27th automobile. I have had at least one from each of the Big 3 and many imports from either side of the ponds. This car is the best, hands down that I have ever owned. My gas mileage is a welcome surprise in recent times. 28 mpg average after 14,000 miles is no small feat for a large car.

Only problem area that I have found to be a design issue is the rock chipping on the lower forward edge of the rear wheel wells and the bubble on the dashboard glove box lid.

what a disappointment!
By hadlovedit

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Within the first 600 miles the transmission had to be replaced. In order to fix it they put on an additional 123 miles; said had to road test it ... the cd was replaced 3 times. The seats don't work (still), am driving much too far back. Loud noises in the undercarriage. Oil light keeps going on and Ford's people are totally uncooperative. Car been at the dealer 3 weeks in the three months I owned it. As I wait for the parts to come in, I can only wonder what disaster will happen next!

What I thought were the safety aspects?

Check the cars better or redesign them!

Love My Limited
By angel carter

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The "Command Seating" and interior room gives me the view and comfort of a much larger sedan. Yet the dimensions, styling and performance handles like a much smaller vehicle. The Homelink visor is convenient. Steering wheel mounted controls became second nature on the first day. No need to take my hands off the wheel to change the radio station or set cruise control. At 5'3" I found with most vehicles I sit too close to the steering wheel for my comfort. This is not a problem in the Five Hundred. That and the adjustable pedals allow me even more room. With the FWD and traction control there was no slippage of wheels in bad weather. That and I love how it's styling turns heads.

5 star safety ratings. Command seating. Traction control. Steering wheel mounted controls. Design and style. 21.2 CF trunk. Comfort and room. Rear vents. Driver memory sets. Folding back and passenger seat. No {or at least minimal} obstruction of drivers view from inside. Large side view mirrors.

Locking fuel access. Locking glove compartment. Automatic trunk lift.