Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

It's a great car
By Tim

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I go though a lot of cars with my job. This is my first Ford since 1979 and I really like this car. Now I'm driving 220 miles a day and it is very comfortable. I have 135,000 miles on it. Never had to do anything to it, expect tires, oil,brakes. No belts or spark plugs ever changed. These car were built on the volvo chassis. I don't buy into people saying it is under powered. I have the speeding tickets to prove them wrong. It will 90 to 100 mph all day long and still get 27 mpg.

Change the name back to Five Hundred

some problems
By wayne

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

nice car to ride in and drive, but have had problem. rt rear brake hung up wearing out entire brake assembly at 28000 mi. now, today found out rt front bearing/axle assembly wore out. cost over 500 $. these things should not wear out this soon under normal driving. now have 38800 miles and glad i purchased extended warranty.

good comfort

make the car to better quality and better longer lasting as noted by needed repairs.

You sure Ford made this?
By whatta ford

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is to be left stock. Bigger wheels slows it down. It handles well with the stock 215 60 17 but for a great upgrade you can go to a 235 55 17 without altering your odometer and making an amazing difference in conering(they are cheaper too). The factory radio is very blah but a local circuit city can add a rca converter, an amp kit with a small sub with enclosure for less than 300.00 and you got the bass fill the factory 5x7s do not pick up(do not waste your money on new door speakers). As for the motor its an off the line slug but the six speed is a champ on the freeway. Take your time and get 30 plus mpg on the freeway.And last tint your windows to help the big beasts car lines!

Long range gas tank, reg unleaded, trunk for days, smooth everything, rides high for a sedan

235 55 17 better stock tire size free remote start, nav package should be less.

Formal rental purchase
By formal rental

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought car for only 11k and worth every penny. I am sure this car was abused before I bought it and it still holds up very well as my commuter. Its big and brawny like a st bernard but without the teeth. If power and performance is what you are after your a fool to be looking at this car. But if you have a commute and you dont want lower back pain with very respectable freeway mileage this car is a winner. A trunk for the gotti family and a back seat for the prom date of your dreams this big beast is a regular unleaded running winner. Fyi my weekend toy is an 04 E55 thats a big reason I dont look to this car for any performance satisfaction.

Runs on regular unleaded, freeway mileage is very Accord and Camry like. Comfort surpasses all the competition in price point.

Ford 500
By Sue

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I regret buying this car. There is no pick up, the quality of the interior is very poor, the gas mileage is horrible. I could hear and feel the brakes each time I pressed them. I could feel the axles moving in my car when I turned the steering wheel. In the 2 years that I have had this car, I have had to have the power steering pump replaced and the air conditioner fixed twice.

Radio and very roomy back seat.