2017 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Couldn't be happier
By Kent

2017 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If you want a reliable, economical car for little money you can't go wrong. I really don't think I would change a thing on it.

Small car— big value!
By Nick

2017 Ford Fiesta Titanium 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Great value, but short on interior room and acceleration. Gets very good mileage and rides well for such a short wheelbase.

Rewards me daily
By Randall Whitted

2017 Ford Fiesta ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a car for people who LOVE to drive. The suspension is tight but not punishing. The optional Recaro seats are AWESOME. Handling is stunning, though I would prefer a little less body roll. There is lots of power on tap, but the main thing is, it's simply a blast to drive. There are lots of cars that will beat it in a drag race, but few could keep up with it on a windy road. The reason it doesn't 0-60 faster is traction - Ford severely limits 1st gear boost, gives about half-boost in 2nd, and then full boost in 3rd and beyond. This is because the car is very light, and with 197 hp and ~230 ft/lb torque at the wheels (Ford severely underrates its power), it would sit and burn the tires without reducing boost. Good thing is, Mountune makes Ford-approved modifications that don't void the warranty. After almost two months with the car, I am still thrilled every time I get to drive my ST. All the YouTube videos are right - it's surprisingly fun to drive. And if you can keep your foot out of it, you can get some great MPGs on the freeway. I got 34 on a relatively flat freeway drive at about 68mph. Best car ever, seriously. All the fun of a small Porsche or BMW without the snobbiness, high cost and bad gas mileage.

What could have been.....needs improved!
By Alvin

2017 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was initially excited to try the Fiesta of the FOST fame, and it handled really well from a handling perspective in taking turns and being zippy. It also got excellent gas mileage (over 42mpg highway) for one of my trips, and overall was a comfortable ride. The challenge with the vehicle was the horrible powertrain; between the engine and the transmission, it couldn't figure out what it wanted to do. This was especially horrible for a stop-n-go or heavy traffic situations such as one would face in a daily commute, the engine kept revving and the transmission kept changing, it was very indecisive. Overall, decent car once it has a refined or improved powertrain, until then avoid for your own sanity.

Worst car I've drove
By Ilqar Ilyasov

2017 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If you decide to buy one you should buy a pack of earbuds :)) After hurricane hurvey insurance company offered us a fiesta from hertz. I'm glad that I'm not the owner. On the highway the noise really hurts your ears. It's unendurable. This is one of those cars that I would refuse even if it was given to me for free. I can think of only one thing about this car that didn't suck that is the mpg :) 35,6