Used 2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

DRIVER RETURNING ON FOOT!
By Greg M.

2013 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was a Ford man; not after this piece of junk! 60,000 miles--transmission rebuilt 2X. A/C suffered catastrophic failure. Driven loaners for 6,000 miles already (I guess you could say this will extend my warranty approx. 10%) Ford should be ashamed of themselves! Transmission now (today, anyway) shifting better, but we have lost 2 MPG in the process! Bet the gov's and EPA will love this! False advertising! SYNC is more of an annoyance than anything else; belongs in the sink! I should have bought a Kia Soul!

What a joke this thing is
By Georg

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

What a massive screw up ford made her...Shame on ford and its lack of dealership support for this massive failure and screw up

Do NOT buy
By dtapia

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2013 Fiesta Sedan in 2015. I have had the car a year and a half and I have been and out of the shop 6 times. Everyone knows me there now. I have the exact same issue everyone else is having. I have had 2 clutch replacements and several TCM replacements. This car is just a joke and not safe. The shuddering is just horrible. I tried to return the car 3 days after I got it and they kept it longer than I have even had it. Save the headache and don't buy this car.

This car is dangerous
By Lonnie

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I don't even know where to start. I have owned 31 vehicles in my lifetime, and undoubtedly this is --BY FAR -- the worst vehicle I have ever owned. It's been a nightmare from day one, and I have had it nearly 5 months now. Most importantly is how unsafe this car is. On 3 different occasions, and one of them being on a highway, this car just died, went into neutral while I was going along in the drive gear. It did not stall out, but just lost all power as if it were in neutral. I was lucky enough all times where I was able to turn off to the side of the road. Had I been in the center, or left lane on the highway, I could have been KILLED. It was as though the tranny went. All gears were neutral. I turned it off and waited a while, then restarted it. All 3 times the service engine light went on after restarting it. The gears worked again after the restart, but the car ran terrible after these incidents. Of course after the first occurrence, I brought it back to the dealer. They said it was some emission computer glitch or something and that it was okay now. It was okay for a few weeks then did the same exact thing. Now the dealer had it for 4 days. They pretty much said the same thing after changing out some emission parts, putting in brand new oil, filer, and a cat.... converter. That was good for a few months when the same thing happened again just a few blocks from my home. Right now it's in my driveway. I would NEVER sell this to anyone. I would never even think of putting someone else in this danger. Right now I have a complaint in with the MVD, and I want the dealer to take this car back, because I will NOT go for number 4 breakdown, and risk my life in this travesty of a car. I implore everyone. Do not buy this car. I would not wish this 4 wheeled nightmare on my worst enemy. Even without those 3 harrowing events, this tranny was never right. Just shakes, vibrates, shutters, bangs and slips going up a steep incline. The radio is actually a joke. It's more like a toy radio for a little kid. You'd have to be within a mile of a radio station to pick any real clear signal. Also I noticed at night the headlights would dim way down for no reason, then brighten again ! The power door locks are now not working, and you have to turn the ignition switch fully 3 or 4 times before the starter catches. This car has worn me down totally. I will not drive it, not let anyone else drive it. It has to go back to the dealer, or the nearest salvage yard. Ford should be ashamed of themselves for this modern day Edsel. I would bet that the Edsel was probably a better car. By the way if I did not mention, it was a low mileage 2013 Hatchback. 21,000 miles when I bought it with a limited warranty that was another joke. Just do yourself the biggest favor you ever can, Stay FAR AWAY from this shameful mess. Don't even look at photos of it.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR! WALK AWAY!
By Rebekah

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! Ugh. My husband and I were basically bullied into buying this car. The sales guy kept telling us that they had all these fiestas that needed to go, this should have been the first sign to walk away. But no. We bought the car 6 months ago and I absolutely HATE IT. My husband doesn't mind it but that's because he doesn't drive it. The ONLY nice thing about this car is the fuel economy. Right now I'm averaging about 37-38 mpg. However, since DAY ONE the car has been doing this weird jitter/shake any time I try and accelerate out of a light. It really struggles to get out of 1st gear. After having the car for a week I took it back to the dealership to get it looked at for this reason. The mechanic gave it back to me and said everything was fine. I know nothing about cars so I shrugged my shoulders and left. I was back within a week to have it looked at AGAIN for the same issue. This time the mechanic told me that there were THIRTEEN (13) OPEN RECALLS with the vehicle. Like WTF??? So I left it with them for a day, came back and they told me the same thing. Everything was fine. Nope. 5 months later my car STILL shakes. And to make things worse, my car battery died TWICE this morning. The dealership told us that we had a brand new battery in the car when we bought it, so whyyyyy did it die on me...TWICE??? And to add to it, my car is now telling me that it has a TRANSMISSION MALFUNCTION. My car is not safe AT ALL to drive but I don't have a choice. I still have to get to school and work and how am I going to do that without a car?? So frustrated. I want my money back.