Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

This car
By Spara38

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in May 2012, and everything was ok with it until Oct 2013 (@15000 miles) when it started shuddering, stalling, and sounding like it was eating itself. Shuddering was so bad I developed back issues from being jostled around so badly. Transmission replaced TWICE, 8/2014 and 10/2015. It happened AGAIN and dealer said it was such a prevalent issue that parts were backordered 5 months. When it left me stranded in the middle of an intersection, I refused to drive it again and drove my husband's car until I traded it in for a Toyota.

This is not a car I'd wish on my worst enemy. Sure it's great on gas, but it'll be in the shop too much to benefit from that!

Remember economy
By TIm Reilly

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle was purchased with economy in mind - I purchased it used at a ford Dealer with 14,000 miles. It has proven to have very good Fuel Mileage (38mpg) highway . I did not expect a soundproof air ride and the car has provided basic transportation as I expected. I do like the fold down back seat as I can carry longer items through the trunk. - The Radio is the worst I have ever seen lucky for the CD player. I have had the recalls reported taken care of at the dealer without incident. I do change my own oil and filter every 4,000 miles with genuine Moto-craft parts. At 45,000 I replaced the front brakes. Here is where I have issue - at 57,000 miles and just a year of ownership I brought the vehicle in for the yearly inspection sticker. I get a call within an hour that the car needs upper and lower balljoints it has a leaking front CV seal and bad bearing. The Ball joints were not available and had to be ordered so three days later I get the car back--- Call Ford and not covered by warranty - That is my issue-- If you build something stand behind your product. with only 57,000 highway miles and serviced regularly this is not abuse or neglect. this is poor quality. This is my review... the vehicle was not cheap I paid dealer price and expected serviceability for at least three uninterrupted years. Tires, breaks, maintenance --- ok, Needed-- However mechanical and operation breakdowns are not acceptable traits to be positive about.

LEMON!!
By E. Lucero

2012 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a used 2012 model from my local Ford dealer as a graduation gift for my daughter in 2013. This car has been nothing but trouble almost from the start! We have had to take the car in for constant service due to the ongoing recalls associated with the clutch, transmission and door locks, and still the car is not up to par. Thank god for warranties! We finally had enough and traded this lemon in for a Fusion; hoping for better luck this time around, and peace of mind knowing my child is driving a safer car.

Run away as fast as you can
By Dan

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This has got to be the worst car ever made by any car company, including Yugo. This car should auto qualify for a lemon. If you buy this car, chose a lemon law attorney the same day you drive off the lot. The ford sync system is terrible and never works properly, and i mean NEVER. The transmission is a constant problem. It sound like it's grinding during every shift point and even when no power is applied. It shifts erratically, surges, stalls out and sometimes leaves me stranded at red lights. Don't buy this car, don't even look at it.

Grat car for round town
By Ken

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bout mine in july hade no problem with mine. Mine is a five speed manual with only 50.000 mils on it price was ten thousand 20012 se great gas milg on it mine has cruse cantrl tilt ac power window s and no sat radio butt has the aux in it for my ph ps tks ford i did my homework on mine i would re driving a manual