Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Get a different car! Fiesta NO lemon YES
By M. C.

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Do not buy this cute little lemon!!! Recalls recalls recalls !!! And brake trouble, transmission trouble engine light always on , car revs at stop signs the service manager said I'm not letting the engine warm up before driving!!! As hot as it's been in Southern California that's absurd!!! I'm done!! Time for a lemon law lawyer! I took it for a recall repair and they CHARGEd me 300 dollars for a throttle body !!! And threatened to take it back out if I didn't pay! And claimed to give me a 300 dollar Ford discount to offset the 600 dollar price tag!!!! I will NEVER buy another Ford!!! To think I was trying to support American made items!! Well they aren't supporting me!! I drive up hill to my house each nite and my car stalls for a few seconds each time!, that's dangerous!! Shall I die for an American made car??? %#¥ NO!!! I'm done!!! Give me back my Toyota!

Don't listen to them - This car is great
By Nellie Gordon

2012 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First off - DO YOU RESEARCH!!!!! There are recalls for certain parts for this car. They are completely free to have fixed. I did have to have the clutch replaced in my car. (I have the hatchback SFE) This was a recall that Ford had on this model. I waited around 3 months for my service center to receive the part, took it in and had the car back the next day. Prior to the replacement part, there was an engine shudder coming out of first. I can see where this is a problem. This is not a transmission issue. So don't let that throw you off, Ford replaced the part with no questions asked and it didn't cost me a thing. I will continue to have to get the clutch replaced until my warranty is up. Then I'll probably sell it.
The gas mileage is amazing on this car. I refuel once a week for 20 bucks. And I drive a ton. Oil changes are painless. I haven't had to replace or fix a single thing yet on it.
The only thing I don't like about the car is the space in the back for passengers. It's fairly small in the leg room area. For a couple that's always on the go, it's absolutely perfect!
The acceleration is amazing, turning is amazing, I feel like I'm driving my passat for less than half the price for maintenance. No leaks, it's not loud, the transmission runs perfectly fine, my door latches work perfectly fine, everything.

nothing but problems
By Jack

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had constant transmission problems. Car constantly shudders in low gear. i have had it back for servicing 5 times in 3 years and the problem is still not corrected. Car also has constant transmission noises the dealership has stated that the noise is part of the transmission and is to be expected. I owned a Taurus and a Focus before this but i will not buy a Ford vehicle again

Not a good choice !
By Christina

2012 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Ford Fiesta brand new and loved it . It was cute and drove great! Right when I hit about 30,000 miles , everything went down hill. My 2 rear doors flew open and wouldn't latch [non-permissible content removed] on the freeway (recall) then the clutch needed to be replaced due to is slipping and grinding . This last time , 1 month after the clutch replacement , my car would just start revving while I'm at a complete stop. I should have purchased the extended warranty ! I'm trading it in now , hoping for better luck with a 2016 Ford Fusion.

Had problems since day one, Ford needs to buy back
By Rose

2012 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had transmission problems since day 1, they always tell us it is fixed and it never is. It has spend so much time in the garage that Ford should be making some of my payments for me. I don't complain often about vehicles because I know things can go wrong with anything mechanical but please listen when i say don't buy an automatic transmission fiesta from 2012. This vehicle has had so many recalls and they are still attempting to repair the transmission after the 30th time at the garage. Just got it back a week ago and back it goes again next week for the SAME issue. I can say it is very economical on gas when we do have it to drive. The other upside is that i have never been stranded with the vehicle, the transmission just doesn't work right.

****update 9-18-2016 fiesta has been in the shop several times. Mechanics verify issues verbally just not on paper, prompted by Ford Motors, and refuse to remedy this ongoing issue. Drove it for a trip to Boston recently and I can tell you if you think the transmission is horrible to drive for normal driving DON'T drive it in large cities or rush hour because it is horrendous jerking, jolting and skipping of transmission with acceleration!!,