Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

This car
By Spara38

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in May 2012, and everything was ok with it until Oct 2013 (@15000 miles) when it started shuddering, stalling, and sounding like it was eating itself. Shuddering was so bad I developed back issues from being jostled around so badly. Transmission replaced TWICE, 8/2014 and 10/2015. It happened AGAIN and dealer said it was such a prevalent issue that parts were backordered 5 months. When it left me stranded in the middle of an intersection, I refused to drive it again and drove my husband's car until I traded it in for a Toyota.

This is not a car I'd wish on my worst enemy. Sure it's great on gas, but it'll be in the shop too much to benefit from that!

This car
By Spara38

Grat car for round town
By Ken

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bout mine in july hade no problem with mine. Mine is a five speed manual with only 50.000 mils on it price was ten thousand 20012 se great gas milg on it mine has cruse cantrl tilt ac power window s and no sat radio butt has the aux in it for my ph ps tks ford i did my homework on mine i would re driving a manual

A little silver lemon!
By Teresa Dillard

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car in February 2012. Fifteen months later the stereo started "crackling" from a lose wire. Another 4 months later (150 miles past the warranty) the A/C stopped working. Ford repaired the A/C at no cost only after I told them what was wrong with it and how much I KNEW it would cost them for the part. The part was less than $100 and they wanted over $900 to repair it! It took them approximately 40 minutes to repair it while I waited. I've had the car for 3 years and 9 months. The window handle has fallen off, have had A/C and stereo issues, and now there is clutch fluid leaking onto my floor mat! This car just proves that when you buy cheap, you get cheap! I will NEVER AGAIN buy another Ford!!! I'm going back to a Toyota Camry next time. They are most definitely worth the higher car note every month.

Great car for towing behind a motorhome.
By Bill

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car because it has an automatic transmission that allows it to be simply put into neutral to be towed. No special transmission cooler required. The car is light enough so that an auxiliary breaking system is not required in most states. We didn't want to get a stick sift because of our age, this was the best option for that reason. So it's a great car to be towed. The transmission is a bit odd, it was totally rebuilt before it had 10,000 miles on it. Ford has increased the warranty on it to 100,000 miles. I currently have about 47,000 on it. One thing I was told by a Ford service rep was to stomp on the gas when the transmission starts to act up. Odd statement, but it works. We've experienced the shifting issues as many on this forum have had, this has happened when driving in town in stop and go traffic. When I can safety excellerate at full trottle, I will do that and it seems to reset the transmission. Just had it into the dealer for a recall on the transmission control module, they reprogrammed it. The module is now warranted to 150,000 miles. They also replaced the door latches, which I didn't know was a recall. I like the car, it is fun to drive, but not the most reliable. I've had many Ford products in the past, but I'm now driving a Toyota for our primary car. It's odd, but Toyota Camry and Siena are listed as more American built then Ford products. The Global economy has blurred the meaning of American made.