Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Don't Listen to Others About the Fiesta
By justin022

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The fiesta's first section of the owner's manual clearly states to SET YOUR ENGINE BY DRIVING AT NORMAL SPEEDS. Since this is a unique type of engine, the first 5000 miles are extremely important in the performance of the car from then on out. This simply means don't accelerate at extremely high speeds, don't drive extremely slow. It's that easy. The engine is a manual-automatic and needs to be set. All of the morons on here complaining about jerky transmission and slow acceleration obviously DIDN'T READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL. It's a great car if you treat it right. At least 38 MPG and it has been very reliable so far. AWESOME.

The manual-automatic dual-clutch engine, SYNC, voice recognition, MPG, upgraded paint/seats, lights in the back seat, keyless entry.

ambient lighting in all models please!

Terrible Engine, do not buy this car
By cremebrulee

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE.
I've had more mechanical problems with it then any other car I've owned.
Bought it new, and has been making a grinding noise since I bought it.
Replaced the clutch and is now in the shop again for the 3rd time, they cannot figure out what the grinding noise is?
I don't understand how Ford can get away with this?
They are not standing by their product.
I've also read, that they were replacing transmissions quietly due to this terrible grinding noise it makes?

Love the way it handles, the good gas mileage it gets, it is comfortable...fiesty little car on the highway...

Improve the grinding noise the engine makes when going from 55MPH to between 30 - 40 MPH...Needs a console, and also a rear window wiper, along with a trunk opener in the dash. Otherwise, if they corrected the grinding noise it makes, I'd say this car is perfect, but it has got some major mechanical problems that Ford is not standing by.

THE WORST CAR EVER!
By tamlyn

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Ford Fiesta 2011 has been in the garage more than times than I can count with a grinding noise in the transmission. Just got it back the other day from a 2 week stay in the Ford dealer garage, and they told me I had to live with it.
How can they justify telling someone that , that has had this car in and out of the garage from day 1 with the same problem! Now that they put 10000 dollars into this car. The grinding noise has gotten so much worst since they worked on it. Not sure what my next step is but if anyone has any suggestions please e-mail me @ tammycrowder777@hotmail.
Im at my wits ends with this car and
the Ford company.

Good value ... good car
By wyophil

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine for about a year and a half. Bought with 6,500 miles on it. Great mpg in town and on the highway, usually ranging 37-44. Mine is an automatic (review menu didn't give me that option here). I am a little skittish about the transmission given what I've heard and read, but no problems here. I don't drive it too hard; no jack-rabbit starts. Comfortable, pretty decent leg room. Back seats wouldn't be good for a long trip. Trunk is very roomy. Handles really well, even after 18K miles. Sync is so-so. Pairing, voice quality all above average, but voice recognition is sub-par. Often misinterprets what it's told to do. Fit, finish are good, but console seems plasticky. Overall a 4 of 5.

Handling, mileage, fun-per-dollar ratio, comfort, fairly quiet for a small car. I live in Wyoming, but haven't had any winter-related (snow, ice) problems getting around. Likely would in really deep snow, though.

Somewhat jerky at slow speeds. Takes some getting used to. Fix Sync's voice recognition. Too often it calls the wrong person. More of a classic dash panel would be good. This one seems a little too sci-fi inspired. The heater takes longer to warm up the car than other cars I've had, but works just fine in general.

DO NOT BUY!
By mws5535

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I might as well copy and paste the many comments I on here as mine as the same. We've had the car for a year and all of the same issues are happening - 'transmission' or 'clutch system' replaced, shifting issues, been in the shop, going back in now because it just won't turn over - it is like owning a wind up toy.

BUY FOREIGN CARS ONLY! AMERICAN VEHICLES...AND I HAVE OWNED A FEW...SUCK!!!

My 2007 Hyundai has been a great car. [non-permissible content removed.]

None.

Just take it back. All of it.