Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

A sharp lookin' ride with MPGs to match!
By mechanic80

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Granted, it's only been the first thousand miles, but the fuel economy is fantastic.
I drive almost exclusively highway and have been averaging over 45 MPG.
The manual transmission is relatively smooth and I'm sure if I had gotten an automatic the power would be disappointing.
The A/C adds a considerable burden to the no-where-near overpowered engine.
I have to say that even in white, it's a sharp looking car (hatchback with graphics and tinted windows.)
There are real issues, though, specifically the comfort and safety of the front seats.
I hope I never get smacked hard in the rear (of the car!) because the way the headrests hit at the top of the head, I'd probably snap my neck.

Economy, looks, great A/C, SE package information readout, power accessories,nice stereo and economy. Did I mention economy?

Front seats need work. You can't really recline them to say, nap, during lunch; the hinge point is way too high for anything resembling comfort, but driving comfort is fine. The big issue that I didn't realize for several days after purchase is the headrest. Had I noticed this shortcoming, I likely would not have bought it. I'm not short (5'6",) but the headrest touches my head inches above the top of my ears, and the severe forward angle of the headrest allows a huge gap behind the neck. I was always told that the point of contact should be at or slightly below the top of the ears. As it is, a severe rear impact would force my chin into my chest likely causing severe injury.

Overall I love it!
By mmason5

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about a month now and I am fairly satisfied.
Im a single guy with no kids so I could really care less about the leg room for the back seat.
Besides for a single guys sometimes its even better to collapse the seats down for a bit more cargo space.
I love the exterior design and the interior of the SE model is very sleek for a compact car in its price range.
You will LOVE the built in bluetooth/SYNC system.
The only dissapointments
I have is the jerky clutch/automatic transmission that does struggle at time when going from stop to 30 mph,
after that it drives very smooth and it has excellent suspension for a vehicle its size.
I have yet to reach 30 mpgs yet :(

vehicle design, suspension, built-in bluetooth

automatic transmission upgrade.

Pretty good car
By chrisherron64

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car in February. Its lives up to its billing as far as milage. Pretty comfortable, nice to drive. Be prepared to bring some money to get all of the cars features. Good credit terms from Ford.

Like the look of the car. Comfortable front seat. decent room with back seat down. Handles well. Likes country roads. Good gauges and Insync features.

Do not buy this car with automatic if you slide stop signs. Does well at highway speed, but due to transmission design, has trouble in parking lots. Could use more head room in back seat. Can't understand why a car with this many options doesn't have automatic headlights.

Not a Good Feeling About this Car
By maxie6

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Was not intending to buy this car but just want to test drive it.
When dealer drop the sticker price by $700+ dollars I gave in.
I like the overall outside appearance of the car. The backseat leg room is sufficient for a couple of 4 year olds and that's about it.
The muffler had weld splatter
and rust all over the one end facing the rear of the car (poor quality control and workmanship).
The automatic transmission is real "quirky" at low speeds - like it doesn't know what gear it should be in.
My gut feeling tells me that I may have "bought a pig in a poke" and I am going to be paying for that
"Good Price" I got the car for.

The 80 watt premium sound system with the Sirius satellite system, Driver knee air bags, integrated spotter mirrors.

Fix the transmission so it will work like most other new car transmissions. Need more visibility out the back window. The rear seat head rest make it almost impossible to have a clear view through the back window. Make the instrument / message center bigger so you don't have to bend over to see what they are showing.

Hate my Fiesta
By hatemyfiesta

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Fiesta hatchback for 2 months now.
The Sync system is a joke.
The only part of it that works 50% of the time is syncing my Ipod.
None of the voice commands listed in the owners manual work except the initial sync.
The transmission jerks while shifting if I'm driving below 30 miles per hour.
I have 2,000 miles on my car and I have to take it into the dealer to have the software on 3 of the cars computers updated.
I can only imagine what awaits me down the road regarding the computers. Gas milage is cut by 8 mpg unless I go through a long process to disengage the traction control every time I start the car.

None

Get rid of the Sync system.