Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Quiet, Comfortable and Fun to Drive
By davep101

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Fiesta hatchback has 35K miles now.
I am very happy overall with the performance and style of this little car.
I drive mostly on the highway and get 42 mpg overall.
I have the automated manual transmission and concur with the frustration some people have voiced.
I spoke with a Ford mechanic about the design of this automated manual vs a traditional automatic transmission.
It is apparent to me that there is a learning curve when it comes to driving this transmission.
Dealers should be explaining to customers how this trans differs from a traditional automatic with a torque converter.

My favorite features include comfortable front seating, sound screen windows that reduce wind noise, blue tooth connectivity, electric assist steering and ergonomic lay-out of controls.

The automated manual transmission needs improvement so that it shifts more smoothly at low speeds and does not transmit vibrations through the steering column. Need arm rests on front seat and center pull-down arm rest for rear passengers. Rear hatch area has limited cargo room. Leg room in rear is limited. Rear seats should fold flat to handle more cargo in rear (like Honda Fit).

Good car...especially for the money
By qwerty14

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2011 Fiesta with 68K miles and I have experienced NO issues at all. The car drives fine and for the price(<$15K) you can’t beat it.
Need I remind all of the Fiesta bashers.... this is not a high end $20K+ car. You get what you pay for and for less than $15K, this is a nice car.
The only thing I have done to the car so far with 68K miles is oil changes and one set of tires.
As far as the transmission is concerned, yes Ford has used a manual-automatic transmission and you simply need to get used to it. The “jerky” transmission that many have complained about is because you don’t have a feel for the car. You can’t come to a complete stop and then try to give it gas right away.

You need to either ease into the turn and “gently” accelerate, or come to a complete stop and again “gently” accelerate or you will get jerked around. It is a matter of getting the feel of this over time. I have an automatic transmission. Gas mileage is incredible.... 36 in normal everyday driving in town and I just got 42 on a recent hwy trip. The interior fit and finish is nice for a less than $15K car and is as good as a number of $20K+ cars.

Not one of Ford's Better Ideas!
By godzilla1957

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Though the SES is very sharp looking, gets pretty good MPG (though a friend's TDI Passat at twice the size gets just as good MPG) it has many flaws and I honestly wish I hadn't bought this car.
The 6 speed auto trans had to be reprogrammed, I'm reading about those who had to get new trans and I'm nervous since I'm 2K miles out of warrantee.
I can't enter or exit a driveway with any grade without scraping.
I can't see though the back window due to the read hear rests, no center console creates right arm fatigue.
The AC vents blow right on my hands creating aches.
At 5'11" I sit way too low, the back seat is basically worthless and SYNC is an abomination.
I'm an unhappy camper.

my 2011 fiesta(cockroach)
By cockroach2

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no issues with it, love it. For me it runs great. I have no regrets. I do accelerate hard now after first 1000 miles.
I have 15k on it now.

blue tooth, over all look of the car

6 speed manual and reclining front seats

LEMON DO NOT BUY
By stevienae

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2011 Ford Fiesta in August of 2010.
It is an automatic, not manual transmission. Within a month it was back at Ford with transmission issues and has continued to have problems despite at least 10 trips to the Ford Shop.
I was told by Ford Engineer that it must be the way I was driving it.
They felt I was breaking with my left foot with my foot not completely off the gas.
I do not break with my left foot.
I just had it voluntarily repossessed as I cannot in good conscious sell it to somebody.
This was after the New Car Lemon Law process and denied, I offered to walk away from it and have the dealer resell it and laughed at for being upside down when asked to trade it in.

None that were worth the trouble of the bad transmission!

Ford should stand behind their products. I've noticed there is not a selection for any Ford Fiesta Review with an automatic transmission. All reviews are for manual transmission. Hmmmmmmmm????????