Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Should be recalled, a real lemon
By big_jig

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 3 months ago used with 39000 miles on it. It has a 6 speed automatic transmission. 2 weeks after I bought it Ford sent me a letter stating the this model was having transmission issues and if it broke they would fix it for free.The transmission went out at 42000 miles and now Ford tells me they have 32000 parts on back order and I won't get it back for at least 12 weeks.This is my first and last Ford I will ever buy. I would like to trade it in but it apparently lost a lot of value in the short time I have owned it due the the transmission issue. What a joke. This car should be recalled and is a true lemon.

Recall this lemon before someone gets hurt.

2011 Fiesta falling apart
By jackflaq

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've run into problem after problem with this car.
- The front passenger door latch spring broke so that the latch mechanism had to be replaced. Ford sent out a recall for certain vehicles about this, but mine does not appear to be included.
- The engine stalls out when coming to a stop or going up a hill (has died in stop & go traffic on the highway).
- The clutch misbehaves and causes the car to engine to shudder/sputter.
- The turn signal lever broke so that it does not reset after making a turn.
- The steering wheel media control buttons fell off after minimal use
- Sync has random issues with reading ipod media.

The build quality is just poor.

The Sync system is great when it works. Bluetooth makes

- There's only one door lock control in the whole car, and it's a flimsy button. - Build quality is just poor. All sorts of parts large and small have broken and the car is only 4 years old.

Fantastic little blue Fiesta
By moabjeeper

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new January 2011 and have had no problems and have had nothing go wrong with it. It now has 49,000 miles. We have the automatic transmission and once we got used to the way it behaves, have had no complaints. Test drove a manual and the auto beats it hands down. My daughter drives it commuting to school and loves it so much she calls it "her" car. It consistently gets close to 34 mpg in mixed driving. My Son is getting his drivers license and wants a green one.

mpg, reliability, livability.

Nothing

A good buy in my opinion
By az_sports_fan

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2011 Ford Fiesta SES automatic hatchback for about two years now. I will give a few reasons why I would buy it again.
My payment for a next-to-new car was reasonable & it's good on gas. My car now has about 83K miles. (When I purchased the car it had about 35K) I have had only one major repair (the back passenger door wouldn't stay closed.) It was $450 to fix that. I love the inside design-it looks nice & is functional. I recently rented a 2013 Nissan Maxima for a trip. I was surprised to find the Nissan had no USB charger & no bluetooth. The only things I don't like is the shifting at low speeds & the lack of power.

I love the Bluetooth, the USB port for charging my cell phone, the radio display shows more info. than other car radios. (Like song title, artist name things like that.) The ambient lighting is nice. I also love the five cup holders it has in the front seat area alone. Sync is also one of my fav. features, it seems to work well most of the time for me. It's also very roomy for a small car. My brother is 6 ft. 2 inches tall & he fits in the car comfortably.

dislikes- it doesn't have a panic alarm on the key fob. It doesn't have a center console to store things out of eyesight or arm rest. The small compartments meant to hold stuff are not big enough to hold an I phone or sunglasses. No dry cleaning hooks to hang clothes on. They key is very expensive to duplicate.

Quiet, Comfortable and Fun to Drive
By davep101

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Fiesta hatchback has 35K miles now.
I am very happy overall with the performance and style of this little car.
I drive mostly on the highway and get 42 mpg overall.
I have the automated manual transmission and concur with the frustration some people have voiced.
I spoke with a Ford mechanic about the design of this automated manual vs a traditional automatic transmission.
It is apparent to me that there is a learning curve when it comes to driving this transmission.
Dealers should be explaining to customers how this trans differs from a traditional automatic with a torque converter.

My favorite features include comfortable front seating, sound screen windows that reduce wind noise, blue tooth connectivity, electric assist steering and ergonomic lay-out of controls.

The automated manual transmission needs improvement so that it shifts more smoothly at low speeds and does not transmit vibrations through the steering column. Need arm rests on front seat and center pull-down arm rest for rear passengers. Rear hatch area has limited cargo room. Leg room in rear is limited. Rear seats should fold flat to handle more cargo in rear (like Honda Fit).