Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Tiny backseat for rear facing carseats
By Teresa M

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very difficult to find a rearfacing convertible car seat that will fit in the backseat. Even with the passenger seat pushed all the way forward, it is almost impossible to find a convertible car seat that will recline properly to rear face in the tiny backseat.

Our infant seat barely fit.

My husband has always called it a clown car.

Not a car for a family with young kid(s)

Never buy first year production/design car
By van kham

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 45k, it was to be my commuter car and a replacement to my older 2000 celica gts with 200k. First the goods: mpg is great, good looking car, good ride, most things are within arms reach, power is ok for little car, good cargo space. Now the bad: Yes, the world famous transmission issue with this car, car was at the dealer twice, things started to fall apart at 54k, little things, too much to list, got the car fixed and sold it at. I wish I had done my research before I bought the car. Yes, i am back driving my 2000 celica, she never give me problem in 7 years.

I wouldn't suggest this car.
By Paul Jarrels

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Awful transmission problems, Ive already had it replaced along with the clutch and its under 70k miles. Bluetooth wont connect most of the time and parts literally fall off. Its a goodlooking car but thats about all it has going for it.

Very expensive lemon
By Kenneth

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very small car great on gas good for intercity driving car has cost me more money than what its worth I am a mechanic and the issues that I am seeing with this transmission worries me really looking forward to trading this in due to the mechanical issues not worth the money.

Feel Stupid
By Pam

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bough a 2011 Ford Fiesta hatchback about 7 months ago. Within the first few months I had it at the shop for a recall on the manual clutch then next will be the door locks I guess the door open while driving. Now I am having issues with the Power Train in the steering wheel. When I purchased this piece of crap I also got an extended warranty. I got a Power train care plus warranty what good that did because the part I need is not even on the warrant list. The breaks constantly make a noise which i ask the shop about and got some stupid reason why now the right front of my car vibrates as i drive and the steering wheel shakes... If I could get rid of this car it would not be fast enough...