Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Feel Stupid
By Pam

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bough a 2011 Ford Fiesta hatchback about 7 months ago. Within the first few months I had it at the shop for a recall on the manual clutch then next will be the door locks I guess the door open while driving. Now I am having issues with the Power Train in the steering wheel. When I purchased this piece of crap I also got an extended warranty. I got a Power train care plus warranty what good that did because the part I need is not even on the warrant list. The breaks constantly make a noise which i ask the shop about and got some stupid reason why now the right front of my car vibrates as i drive and the steering wheel shakes... If I could get rid of this car it would not be fast enough...

LEMON
By Kori

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Don't do it. I bought one and I can't even resell because of the Notorious transmission and it's defects.

Shake, Rattle and Roll
By Becky Carroll

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Fiesta "looked" like the perfect car for my soon-to-be-driver, but after I drove it for a while, I found it unsafe for an inexperienced driver.
The transmission is very uncertain. At times it takes off smoothly from stop, other times it hesitates and shudders to a start. The start may be a lurch or a crawl. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason for the inconsistency.
Four months after the purchase, I received a Recall 15B22 and took it into a local Ford dealership. I was informed that they would attempt a repair but it might not work. I was told to drive it for 1500 miles before returning. The problem got progressively worse and when I had done my mandatory 1500 miles, I went back to the Ford service department and was told there was nothing more they could do. We will see about that, but that is where we stand to date.
So, the vehicle for my new driver has proven itself unsafe for even I, a driver of 40+ years.

Absolute garbage car
By British guy

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm not sure why the highlighted review indicates 4+ out of 5 stars.
I bought this care used with 11.000 miles, previously owned by an 84 year old lady. It shuddered so badly that it would reverberate your voice when talking. It's shifting sounds like a tool box rolling down concrete stairs. It accelerates slower than the 18 wheeler I drive for a living.
Please don't buy this car, it will be more than a regret and a gigantic headache.

fire fire
By Pamela Alavian

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was in getting my hair done .tow and a half hours I opened my door and the whole console melted like a candle. It must have been a short in the power outlet. Ford better pay for this