Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

2011 Fiesta SEL Automatic
By jeleki

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fiesta because I drive over 100 miles a day and needed something with good gas mileage. I drive city/highway both and about 10 miles a day is backroads and I average 38-40 mpg! This car is fantastic. I have silver color with tinted windows. I opted to have remote start feature and I love it! I have 2 boys (5 and 7) who are big for their ages and they fit in the back seat just fine.
I read the reviews about the jerkiness of the automatic but I have not experienced this. I do drive sensibly and do not expect to reach 0-60 in 2 seconds. If you are the type that puts the pedal to the medal and expects to get alot of power in a short time - this car is not for you.

I LOVE the SYNC feature! The ambient lighting is great and my kids think it is neat and fight over which color to use. Everytime I get behind the wheel, I can't believe I am driving a small compact car - the features available make you feel like it is an expensive mid-sized car. It isn't winter yet, so I don't know how the heated side mirrors will work, but I can't wait to find out. I added the remote start feature after I purchased the car and I LOVE that feature! This is the first Ford that I have ever owned and it appears that I can call myself a Ford lover now!

The front seats need an arm rest and I believe the back seat could use 2 cup holders instead of the one in the center console. When my kids both have drinks, one places his drink in the cup holder and the other has to pass his drink to me to place in the middle cup holder. That is all I can think of.

Best American-Made SubCompact
By davep101

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have always owned Japanese and European compact and subcompact cars.
This time out, we were very impressed with the quality of the Fiesta, compared to the Hondas we considered, and bought the Ford.
The Fiesta has qualities more often found in European B cars, where a quiet, comfortable ride is achieved, along with an impressive driving experience and fuel efficiency.

This car is road worthy and fun to drive, which you would expect from this class of automobile. But the most outstanding characteristic of this car, given its size, is it's exceptionally quiet, smooth ride that is a real pleasure on long road trips.

Adults need a bit more legroom in the rear. There is limited storage capacity in the cabin and the hatch area. The entertainment system is very sophisticated and capable, but basic functions, like presetting radio stations, should be easier.

No Complaints after 6500 miles
By derickd81

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Contemplated many cars before going with the Fiesta. Honda's Fit was a close second, but the Fiesta was much quieter at highway speed and gets better mileage. Took the Fiesta on a roadtrip from VA to ME last week, 2500 miles total mixed driving and got 39.3 mpg overall, A/C was almost always on too! Great mileage on backroads were I have gotten close to 50mpg! Front seats are comfortable even on 16hr trips! Back seats are fine for an hour or two, I'm 6'1" and don't mind. The auto trans is weird at slow speeds, but it is really a manual trans and shifts better than most people can shift a manual at low speeds, so with that perspective in mind it is fine, can't expect a slushbox-like shift!

Great headroom. Great mileage. Quiet Cabin. Comfortable seats even after 16 hours. Interior surfaces are nice. Very fun to drive. iPod compatibility. 10,000 mile service intervals (though I switched to synthetic oil at 2,000 miles, it's a better option IMO) I think it looks great inside and out. Very solid build, the doors have a satisfying sound when you close them. Ergonomics are decent. Not to mention the price! Bought a SE auto hatchback for $16,300! That's $2k less than a Fit! So, it you can't tell, overall I'm quite pleased, but there is room for improvement of course.

I trust that future versions of the automatic transmission will have better programming logic at both low and high speeds. I use the cruise + and - buttons on the steering wheel a lot, when speeding up it will downshift when it doesn't really need too, and I think that hurts fuel economy. I wish the back seats would fold down better, I know there isn't a lot of room to change that, but they don't fold flat, and getting the headrests off is a pain. For the first 2,000 miles I would have said it needs an armrest, but to be honest, know I don't miss it at all. SYNC is too convoluted for this Mac user, also syncing Bluetooth with my phone is hit or miss.

Engine blew up at 4300 miles
By stormy442

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car has 4300 miles and the engine blew up. We called Ford to have it towed into the dealer for repair. 2 days later they called to say the car had been wrecked. No one knew how but since it had no anti freeze in it then, they voided the warranty forcing us to use our insurance. We had both the firefighters write statements on our behalf that at the time they arrived for the car reported as a car fire, they inspected the car completely and it had no damage at all to it other than a blown engine. Ford said they did not care and we would have to prove differently! In my opinion they have forgot the tough times of the past and do not care about continuing customer care after the sale.

gas milage

Take care of your customers after the sale not just during. It has been so greatly said, The sale of a product does not end once it is paid for, it has just began!

A sharp lookin' ride with MPGs to match!
By mechanic80

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Granted, it's only been the first thousand miles, but the fuel economy is fantastic.
I drive almost exclusively highway and have been averaging over 45 MPG.
The manual transmission is relatively smooth and I'm sure if I had gotten an automatic the power would be disappointing.
The A/C adds a considerable burden to the no-where-near overpowered engine.
I have to say that even in white, it's a sharp looking car (hatchback with graphics and tinted windows.)
There are real issues, though, specifically the comfort and safety of the front seats.
I hope I never get smacked hard in the rear (of the car!) because the way the headrests hit at the top of the head, I'd probably snap my neck.

Economy, looks, great A/C, SE package information readout, power accessories,nice stereo and economy. Did I mention economy?

Front seats need work. You can't really recline them to say, nap, during lunch; the hinge point is way too high for anything resembling comfort, but driving comfort is fine. The big issue that I didn't realize for several days after purchase is the headrest. Had I noticed this shortcoming, I likely would not have bought it. I'm not short (5'6",) but the headrest touches my head inches above the top of my ears, and the severe forward angle of the headrest allows a huge gap behind the neck. I was always told that the point of contact should be at or slightly below the top of the ears. As it is, a severe rear impact would force my chin into my chest likely causing severe injury.