Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Probably not best
By cars77

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is probably not the best for your money. I have the SFE with auto trans and the trans is very jerky and makes strange noises and movements like it doesnt know what gear to be in from 0-30 mph.
The car has 9000 miles and ford said to change oil every 10000 so that is what i was going to do. Around 5000, checked the oild and it was low so i added some. Around 8800 checked again and was again low so i added some. So i called the dealership and they said the would get it in 2 weeks. Took it to the dealership and said there was nothing wrong. That is just the oil problem. Also took it to the delership for a backfire that happened as i was merging. Ford says nothing wrong to that too.

Gas mileage Sync Phone

Better Transmission Acceleration Seats Engine?

Over 15,000 miles so far
By chomuth

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well Ford this is a great little car. Gas mileage is great, gets going in traffic quite well, Stops well also.

The automatic trans really gives this vehicle great mileage. 36.5 miles per gallon average unless in summer with air on then it goes down to 32 mpg.

I like the vehicle the way it is

Ford or Hyundai the MPG is about the same
By roadwarriorlt

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have an S 4 door with an automatic and drive 78 miles one way to work plus 100 miles of city making calls each day, so I got the car to cut my daily gas cost. At the same time I was looking at a Hyundai Elantra which another sales person picked up for basically the same price as we both purchased pre-owned with 5k to 7k miles on the cars. I bring this up because Ford says 37 mpg for the automatic on the car and Hyundai says 40 mpg. Well after more than 1,100 miles and 3 tanks of gas. I'm at 36.46 mpg and the Hyundai is at 37.10 mpg so the MPG are pretty close to the same.

The biggest difference in the Hyundai and the Ford is comfort. The Hyundai comes with power windows and an armrest for the driver standard in the base model, not the Ford. As a 6 ft 240lb guy with some old back issues it takes me 20 minutes to get the blood flow back in my lt leg and hip when I crawl out of my Ford. I can not rest my are or adjust my position without the rest so I find myseld pushing up off the hand brake. Not a comfortable ride compared to the Hyundai, both are 3 in to low in my opinion to the ground and both seats are not comfortable, but being able to adjust your postion with an elbow and not taking your hands off the wheel is a important. Buy a butt cushion to dive

Meets & surpasses expectations!
By cobra348

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My 2011 Fiesta Sedan has over 15,000 miles on it.
I can get >40 MPG highway without the SFE package installed, mid 30s MPG mixed daily driving.
This is using the Powershift 6-speed automatic, which was not a review option.

Fit and finish is excellent, comfort - even on long trips - is that of a full-sized car.
Styling, handling all speak high quality and care in manufacture.

I liked the 2011 model so well, I have ordered a 2012!
Nice job, Ford!

A few little things the brochures don't mention ... the rear cabin heat/cool vents, the pen holder in the glovebox, the strap in the glovebox that keeps the manual out of the way. With the windows up and the radio going, conversations - even with folks in the rear - can still be had without shouting. The noise deadening is awesome!

2011 models did not have a center armrest. The 2012 models do, however it is my impression that it is not as "hefty" as the after-market units. That should be looked at and fixed. I personally would like to see about 5-10 HP more for better startup power.

1 Month Ownership w/Auto
By stardude82

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

What a fun little car.
I don't know why I like it so much in spite of its sluggish acceleration, body role and bizarre low speed transmission behavior! Despite what Ford marketing will have you believe this car is a compromise.
But it's on I live with without regrets.

I found the back seats in this car perfectly adequate and more useful than the big brother Focus.
I'm averaging 38 mph in mixed driving.

Gas mileage, engine refinement, exterior and over all sporty drive feel.

More lateral leg room for the driver, at least get rid of that intrusive cup holder. The Sync system and controls could be more intuitive. Valet keys would be nice. More HP and/or low end torque would be nice.