Used 1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:

My festiva's x 2
By rock hound

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

Both are excellent little car very dependable, one engine has about 375,000 the other 185,000 both still running strong. They both get about 40 miles per gallon, plenty of power. Getting a little hard to find 12" tires, and because of the smaller diameter the rough roads tend to break the belts on them but most likely this is because there from China now. If your lucky enough to buy one keep it! One of them does have a raw smell inside the vehicle which I can't find

Gas mileage, dependability !!!!cheap tires

Can not find any new parts for the interior and exterior of the car, no problem with engine parts from what I've seem. Wish someone would make a replacement fuel tank sending unit

My favorite beater !
By steve-o1959

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L Plus 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Festiva in 2008 for a cheap work vehicle. So far it has been great. 40-44 mpg average. No problems yet. Fun to drive with 5-speed. Peppy for a 1.3 liter engine. Handling so-so. Heavy steering at low speeds. It is what it is. Not a car for long trips but great around town. Seats actually quite comfortable(I,m 5'11", 230lbs.) Mine only has 109,000 miles. I've heard of many with 200,000 or more. Tires not available locally. Tire Rack has them but not as cheap as you would think for 12" tires. Most basic parts are available. This car is so good it makes you wonder what happened to it's successor, the Aspire!

Small, light, great seating position and visibility, great mileage and good quality. A good used commuter car if you can find one.

They should still be making these!

Very fun to drive
By Aric

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L Plus 2dr Hatchback

OK Ford could not of hit the name of this car more perfect, Fiesta. It really is party like fun to drive. Great gas mileage. I'm getting 41 mpg city no upgrades. Love the steering and handling. It's not perfect. But if you leave to have fun on some country roads it gets the job done. I put 350 miles on it then fill it up only put a little under 25 dollars in it to fill it up. This car has a lot of room. I'm 6 foot 4 and am not cramped. Basically I'm saying I will have this car for as long as my family.

Steering. Room. 41mpg.

Bring it back or sombody build something like this. Anybody please build one.

Can't beat this!
By Kevyn

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

This has been a reliable, fun, long- time friend. I bought the car new in 1989. She has maneuvered me from many a mishap, always started except for one alternator change and 2 batteries. My "Car-Car" has 338,000 miles on her and I'll only replace her because she's noisy, and MY older body needs more comfort. I still average 40 miles/gallon (without use of heat or air conditioning. I have never replaced a clutch.

Dependability, gas mileage, turning radius.

Make 'em again with more adjustments to steering wheel and seat for the older body I am now!

My Festiva Caught H
By FestivaFan4Life

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L Plus 2dr Hatchback

Purchased at 120K, paid $1500. Drove 30,000 miles in the first year. Replaced tires and alternator and that was all it ever needed. Extremely dependable car. Didn't go in winter weather at all, but overall is a fun car to drive. Also not a powerhouse so is ideal for a young driver.

Basic car, AM/FM Cassette, completely affordable especially with today's gas prices. Not a luxury car, but it's good at what it does.

Car discontinued so no need to improve.