If you frequently need to tow really big loads, the redesigned 2017 Ford F-450 Super Duty should be at the top of your list. With its brawny diesel V8, improved ride and handling, upgraded cab, and broad array of available convenience and technology features, this is perhaps the best heavy-duty tow rig on the road.
- Extra-wide front axle helps it turns tighter than Ford's other HD models
- Turbodiesel V8 generates immense power and torque
- Aluminum body reduces overall weight and improves efficiency
- Spacious new cab offers many convenience and technology options.
- Maximum payload lower than F-350 because crew cab is required
- Price tag starts high and soars higher with options
- 19.5-inch commercial tires can be expensive to replace
- Takes up even more parking space than the last-generation version.