2014 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Review: 2014 Ford F350 XL SRW 4x4 6.2L

2014 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Review

XL Regular Cab Pickup (6.2L V8 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic 8.2 ft. Bed)

2014 Ford F350 XL SRW 4x4 6.2L Reg. Cab
By 12345678910 on

2014 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

2014 Ford F350 XL SRW 4x4 Superduty 6.2L gas, 4.30 gearing, regular cab, manual windows and locks, manual 4x4 system. The vinyl seats are very comfortable and easy to clean, as well as the vinyl floor covering. The truck tows heavy trailers well, and rides decent for being a one ton. I haven't had any reliabillity issues with the yet. There are a few things that I don't like about this truck. 1.) I don't like the, "soft pedal", feeling in the brake pedal, even after bleeding the system. 2.) I don't like that the emergency brake doesn't set tight enough, even when properly adjusted. 3. ) I don't like the over reactive ABS system, and that when stuck in snow and/or mud, it takes too long for the ABS system to stop the wheels from spinning. 4. ) I don't like when engine braking down hill in 4x4 in a off-road situation, and if you touch the acceleration pedal, it stops engine braking and revs the engine. 5. ) I don't like the lack of interior storage space, the glove box is too small, the inside storage in the center console is way too small, and no map pockets in the doors. 6. ) No compass. 7. ) No rear sliding window, XM radio, and no trailer hook-up cameras for XL models. 8. ) I don't like that I need to unplug the cheaply made MAP sensor wire conector when servicing the air filter. 9. ) The standard All-Season tires are wearing out fast than expected, they are only about 35% at 38,000 miles. 10. ) I don't like the TPS system, I do my own tires and I'm always worried about breaking one or more of the expensive TPS sensors. 11. ) No manual transmission option. 12. ) No cup holders when setting three people. 13. ) The lack of grease zerks on service points. 14. ) The football sized FORD emblem on the grille and the headlight design.

Things that I love about this truck. 1. ) The, "Tough Bed", factory bed liner. 2. ) The tailgate step. 3. ) 4.30 gearing with E-Locker. 4. ) Lockout hubs with manual transfer case. 5. ) Decent tow mirrors. 6. ) Factory gooseneck/5th wheel set-up. 7. ) Factory brake controller. 8. ) Upfitter switches. 9. ) The vinyl seats are conferrable. 10. ) Easy to change the engine oil and oil filter. 11. ) Easy to service transmission filter.

Overall, I like this truck and plan on keeping this truck for 10+ years, or forever.

• Getting in out

• Cargo storage
  • Dealership support
  • Purchase cost
  • Fuel economy

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review