Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

great truck
By great truck

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

i have 7000 miles on the 6.4. it has lots of power. anyone that owns one get a 4 inch ext. tuner and you will not have any problems. the reason some are is that these engines r so restricted back because of the govt these engines need to breath just like us and their not letting them. dont believe me go buy a 08 dodge cummins its having the same problems. so its not ford dodge or chevy. these engines produce so much horse power and torque that with resrtictions its hurting more than helping. so what im saying is help out your engines.. i deal w them everyday look at the engine prior to 2003 and they all era great thats because govt. wasnt involved

power,power,power

Tired of This Ford
By Raj

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this truck for almost 2 years. Till now i have changed 2 radiators, and almost $6000. And the white smoke is still blowing out of the tail pipe. Moreover I need to add 1 gallon of coolant every 200 miles.

Ford should come up with a plan,otherwise they will loose a lot of customers.

no mo ford super doodie
By used to like fords

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Fuel mileage 7-9 mpg no matter if loaded or not. Most of my driving is short trips 5-10 miles town and country mix. I even drove it to California thinking the open road would help... Best avg was 12.5 mpg on 1000 miles of flat driving with no load. Factory tires were garbage they wore out at 14,000 miles good job Ford. They replaced my radiator at 3000 miles. This is my $50,000 truck. I have owned and bought 5 new Ford super doodies since the new body style and this motor is crap because of the mileage and the truck rides too stiff. The exhaust cleaner is ridiculous.

When Ford recalls my truck and fixes the mileage so I get at least 17 mpg like my other diesel fords.

recall and correct these items fuel mileage radiator leaks and tires This is an American made truck

It's Not Entirely Ford's Fault
By Sjmiller05

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab LB DRW (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I want to fist say that I have the King Ranch and it has the most amazing leather package that I have ever seen! Next, it is not entirely Ford's fault regarding fuel economy. In 2008, the EPA mandated DPF filters on all diesel trucks resulting in horrible fuel economy. The radiator issue is a recall, and I had mine replaced at 35k -- since then I had no problems. Towing: I tow a 38ft 12k fifth wheel and live in Colorado (high altitude). The DPF while in regen will increase EGTs resulting in the turbo fans to go off and sometimes resulting in the truck going into limp mode. I find this to be this trucks serious flaw.

The King Ranch interior, the "big boy step", and the controls are easily assessable.

Like I said earlier -- the DPF causing high EGTs resulting the truck to enter limp mode, and thanks to the EPA horrible gas millage. Get a DPF delete kit, an edge programmer, a bigger intercooler and a cold-air intake and you will get 40-60% better fuel economy.

Don't Buy 6.4Ltr. Diesel
By walker485

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Have had nothing but trouble with my diesel engine. It blew up with just over 800 miles. Have had oil leaks ever since. Numerous recalls. Just lost a turbo at 28000. A very nice truck with a bad engine. Poor fuel milege. 11mpg empty.

comfort handling,bed step,