Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Not So Super Duty
By notsosuperduty

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My F350 "Super Duty" Lariat OffRoad 4X4 with the 6.4L Powerstroke has been a bitter sweet experience. At 40K miles I was washing the undercarriage after driving in deep mud. After the wash (where I never lifted the hood) the truck would not start. Dealer said water got into the Trans Control Module, which is mounted under the truck. Not covered under warranty = $1200 bill. A week ago the steering gear locked up at 84k miles. No warranty = $1100 bill. Also last week the "check engine lite" cam on. Dealer says it was a bad EGT sensor. No warranty = $302 bill. Then today the brand new steering gear blew out and sprayed fluid all over the driveway. Not what I expected from a SUPER DUTY.

The 6.4L Diesel tows my 40' toy hauler with ease though the fuel economy is pretty horrible even compared to Dodge and GM trucks pulling the same loads. The interior is very comfortable and of reasonably good quality materials

A Super Duty 4x4 Off Road truck should not be incapacitated by a coin-op carwash nozzle getting water in an electronic module mounted UNDER THE truck. And for Ford to decline to cover it under warranty is ridiculous. I will not be buying another Ford truck.

Extremely durable, excellent performance.
By jaybird777

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have the diesel. Unfortunately, some people write BS reviews, because they are loyal to some other truck brand. I have an 08 Diesel F350, and it has been the best vehicle I have EVER owned- and I have owned lots of high quality vehicles. This vehicle tows a 40' RV like it is nothing. Solo, it performs like a sports car. NEVER had a single issue. This truck replaced my 2000 f350 which was also a wonderful truck (even though the reviews were terrible). Because of this truck, I bought 2 more Ford vehicles. I have had ZERO problems with my Fords, and nothing but problems with my Chrysler and Chevy's, and even my Toyotas. From now on, I buy nothing but Fords.

Power. Durability. Luxury. Comfort. Noise level. Stereo- best I've ever heard in a vehicle. Performance.

I'd like to see improved fuel economy, but frankly I'm thrilled with every aspect of this truck.

WE ARE SUING!
By cjovel

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We bought a 2008 Ford F-350 and had 55 repairs in less than 5 years, Ford should have
taken this vehicle back under the lemon law and did not, there are thousands of owners who need to be in on this law suit, look it up online! The 2008 was a lemon and Ford needs to admit that, we have been Ford owners our whole lives but not anymore! Ford really let us down on this one!

Why won't Ford stand behind it?
By wthomason

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 F-350 with 14,000 on it. By the time it 50,00 miles on I had to have a new radiator, numerous radiator caps, a new coolant bottle, and have had several other coolant related issues. Now at 118,000 miles I need another radiator and am told I probably need a new oil cooler, and that the engine may have blown head gaskets. All of these were issues before the warranty expired and now I'm told Ford will not fix any of the problems nor will they help pay for any parts. I've bought Fords all my life but never again. Poor old Henry would roll over in his grave if he knew what those jerks were doing to his company.

Truck rides nice and it has a nice interior. The sound system is nice. That's about it

Ford should stand behind the issues that were there before the warranty ran out. Ford should recall all 6.4 engines and fix what needs to be fixed so they can save the company

Not Really Super Duty
By notsuperduty

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

First off I love my truck, it's a Job 1 CC 4x4 diesel .
The fuel economy isn't stellar, but it weighs in at 9K lbs with tools, I can live with it. Use it mostly for highway trips, the ride is great.

Around 54K miles I started doing a lot of city driving (building a new house) and noticed the brakes are dragging bad.
Calipers are hanging up, dealer said dirt & mud caused it?
Really? So what the Super all about?

Got the dreaded coolant leak AGAIN! Dealer wants $1,400 to replace it with the same crap that failed twice before.
Ford won't touch it either. Did I mention it LEAKS AGAIN!

Come on Ford,
Those brake and radiator issues are keeping you from EVER selling me another $55K vehicle!

I like the twin turbo. It eliminates the turbo lag my 6.0L had (hated that lag!) It goes like Hell and will tow anything, but it just doesn't stop good! The body fit & finish is good and the paint is smooth. It doesn't sound or smell like a diesel and doesn't have turbo whine. (but does smell like LEAKY COOLANT!) The interior is nice. I'm not a big fan of the angular stuff but it works. I've developed a few nasty squeaks in the dash that are getting worse with age. The PTC heater is a great option for Michigan winters. The heated seats are good for that too. They are ON/OFF, not adjustable. The ride is good too. If the brakes aren't stuck on I even get decent highway mileage

BRAKES! The truck never did stop good until the calipers got stuck. Now it stops better, but now the MPG SUCKS. RADIATOR! Do we really need that cheap POS part to be the weak link on a $55K truck? IT FAILS OVER AND OVER CHANGE THE DESIGN or something! I can live with a few issues if you'll stand behind your product. And really, brakes and cooling have been on trucks since the stone ages. If you are going to ruin your F-series reputation at least FAIL on something COMPLICATED! Ford, you just don't get it. I'll be buying trucks until I die, but NOT from a company that won't stand behind products! Don't take my word for it, Google "super duty radiator leak".