Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

2008 f350 crew cab 6.4 diesel with 379k miles
By dan

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Very reliable truck. Not so good fuel economy but hey its a one ton truck. I use it for construction and tow daily with it. The trans was rebuilt at 180k miles but nothing else major and now has 379k miles. The truck is a true work horse.

2008 F350 CREW CAB 6.4 LITER ENGINE
By Paul Q

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

HAD REAR END REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY, HAD 6.4 LITER ENGINE REPLACE UNDER WARRANTY, BUT THE MOTOR WAS A REMAN, IN THE WARRANTY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE NEW, FOUND OUT THEY HAVE NOT MADE THIS MOTOR NEW SINCE 2010 !

They did not have a 08 6.4 diesel is not gas eng
By Wilguess

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

If you are not towing or working this truck do not buy. This is a costly truck to drive around town in. I bought his truck to tow with had 140,000 when I bought it and got 3.5 miles per gal driving or towing. First thing I did was get rid of the plastic radiator. Then programmer and set it on tow. Worked on the exhaust filter and redid the EGR. fuel mileage went up to 7.6. Re programed to economy went to 6.3 so back to tow and have left it there. I drive hard so I do not get mileage like most do in any thing. I then started using Diesel magic products in the oil and fuel read their reports it take up to 4000 mile for it to work and it also makes injectors last so less cost on injector replacement. After about 4200 miles I went to 10.5 and stayed there till at 167000 miles I was having a oil cooler problem. I checked all that was out there for this truck. I decided on the IPR Full Kit. It was a bit of a pain to do but well worth it. While the cab was off pulled valve covers and checked rockers and replace the glow plugs. I also change water pump and fan clutch alt. belts fuel filters and trans fluid and filters. I used Diesel magics friction reducer in the trans and also their trans additive the friction reducer in the power steering and AC. The good thing about the IPR cooler is if there is a problem latter all you have to do is remove the left tire and finder liner and in a couple hours you have a new cooler no more pulling the cab for this repair. Now for the good on the fuel meter I show not towing 18.7 were before I showed 12.2 I on paper I was getting 9.0 every fill up now on paper I am getting 15.4 local driving. I will be doing a trip no tow and I am hoping for 17 or better. But as comfort goes this truck can not be beat. Ride is great power is unbeatable I do not think I will ever regret buying this truck. Average mileage towing and empty I get 14 and that is better then I got with my 7.3. I keep hearing these people talking how they are getting in the 20s on mileage they must drive with egg shell on the peddle or do not know how to do the millage or they just may be full of [non-permissible content removed] and are fooling them selves.

Worst vehicle we have ever owned!
By bblisard

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Spent 7,000 on repairs to melted down up pipes, it is gutless without an egr delete (which is illegal now to get), it has no power at ALL without one, and you will not find a mechanic anywhere around to work on it for you, it will leave you stranded, dealerships will try to rip you off on price to trade in, horrible gas mileage, not a reliable vehicle, recently totaled ours because the braking system failed, air bags did not deploy, and lost traction control.

Does exactly what it was purchased for.
By Fred Sharshel

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my 2008 F350 DRW 6.4 twin turbo diesel 3 years ago with 67000 miles on it. Purchased to pull a 38', 13000# fifth wheel both on short trips to the lake and longer cross country trips. The truck now has 79000 miles on it with about 90% of them pulling the fiver and the observations are as follows: 1) Fuel economy sucks, with (9 mpg) or without (12 mpg) the trailer. 2) With the Lariat trim package, leather, etc., interior comfort and appointment are like sitting in the family room at home. 3) More than enough power and road stability to pull 13000+# regardless of conditions or locations, has seen the plains, mountains and deserts, on interstate, U.S. and state highways as well as county roads, city streets and dirt country roads across 16 states and just keeps on going like a dream. Have 2 more trips, 10 more states and about 6000 more miles planned this summer and have had no experiences that would lead me to expect anything different. and 4) maintenance and repair costs have been minimal and limited to standards scheduled trips to the dealers quick lube location.

Have owned Dodge, Chevy and Ford trucks (mostly Ford) ( currently also own 2009 F150 STX extended cab w/90000 one owner miles), from half-ton to one ton and this one has done nothing but solidify my feelings that Ford is "Built Tough" and will continue to be the truck that graces my driveway.