Used 2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

2005 Super Duty
By Jim

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

All around a great truck, pull heavy loads day in and out, dependable, powerful, 6.0 is reliable, I will have it for a very, very long time. Extremely happy with it.

Instrument panel, controls on the steering wheel, brake control, longer maintenance intervals, the coil suspension on the 4 wheel axle, tow haul mode on the transmission

I do miss the lower door lights, was a nice feature on the older trucks.

2005 350 diesel
By Hugh

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great fuel mileage at 55mph, about 22, lower as speed increases. People notice the truck. Fun to drive and safe in almost all conditions although it's hard to weigh down the bed in snow because of the large payload capacity. Tows almost anything; I have to look to see if my boat is still attached. Had Dodges and liked them but really like this Ford.

The comfort in this truck is beyond belief. Easily carrys 6 passengers and a full load in the bed without strain. It is fun to drive also. Actually handles very nicely. Wife hates it going through the bank drive-up.

The only improvements are the options I did not select.

Good Idea, Bad Engineering.
By klyons

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The truck in general is a good truck. But at 30,000 miles I had the turbo replaced. Now with 50,000 miles my gauge cluster, shocks, and CD player are being replaced. The front suspension is being rebuilt by the dealer due to a terrible shimmy at all speeds (TSB). The brake pedal can be pushed all the way to floor, which I'm told is normal for this truck. Only 6 months old and 50,000 miles, I wouldn't recommend this truck to anyone, BUY A DODGE. I was a long time Ford fan, not anymore. Luckily I'll be getting a new one at 200,000 miles

Transmission.

Front suspension not holding up, too many problems for a new truck.

Mine is a Diesel
By Todd Craig

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB DRW (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

While not listed as an option above, I own the 6.0 power stroke diesel. This is the best performing, handling and visually appealing truck I have ever owned. Power is unreal, fuel consumption is very good for an 8,000 lb truck. I travel extensively in my job and look forward to putting between 400 and 500 thousand miles on this truck.

Cab is very quiet and very roomy. I have 4 children and can fit them ALL comfortably in this truck. Smooth ride for a 1 ton truck.

Turbo is slow to spool up and handling could be improved. I have had some work done on the front suspension. Nothing major just noisy springs.

Great Truck
By Craig

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

A drug addict crossed the yellow line and hit me head on. Long story short, the Chevy 1/2 ton was sent to the junkyard and its driver went to the hospital. My truck has about $5000 worth of damage, and I barely felt a thing.

Headroom and roominess. Tow command system. Seats.