Used 2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

350 PSD 4x4
By bill10

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my every day and long distance travel vehicle. Been coast to coast, Florida to Alaska in it. Love it, comfortable, quiet, I will get another some day. Been in lots of remote places with it. No worry. Does mountains with a heavy load. I don't fear Dodge or Chevy going up a long hill. Ford does have the fastest 0-60 time. One new feature I didn't have on the last diesel is a bad fuel warning light on the dashboard. It's simple to drain the water and trash from the fuel before it ever gets to the engine. It saved me a lot of trouble several times.

1. POWER! 2. The fuel water and trash separator before the fuel filter.

Air ride I added for heavy loads. Better back up lights.

F350 King Ranch
By Fordzilla

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I tow a 40' 5th wheel with it about 30% of the time and use it as a daily driver in the bad weather. No problems what so ever. Dealer has treated me right the whole time of ownership.

Great seats with the King Ranch Leather. I wipe them off with a clean towel about once a month and condition them at the same time. Still looks brand new.

Better stock tires from the factory. Have about 25k on the Goodyears and they will not last through the winter here in Iowa.

Quality policy needs review
By Carson

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've driven 10,000 miles since I bought my truck. Still get valve noise until engine is hot. Mileage is 13.5 mpg when I try. The steering is very light on- center and is sometimes hard to keep straight on rough roads. I've had to take it back to the dealer four times for engine clatter when cold and for other drive train noise. On the positive side it has the best factory paint I've ever seen and the interior room is great. I have to wonder if the 'thin as water' 5w20 oil the factory says I have to use in the engine contributes to the valve clatter.

I really like the rugged suspension, ground clearance and the heavy duty 4 speed auto transmission.

The 5.4 liter engine really needs help when equipped with the 373 axle gear ratio. All in all I would buy another one but will get the extended cab and the 411 axle ratio next time.

Honest Opinion
By Jason

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I really like this truck, however I continue to have a large number of nagging problems. My steering/brake pump went out at 6000 miles, my auto-locking hubs went out shortly after that, and now it's back in the shop for a massive leak (power steering fluid). The leak may be related to poor workmanship on replacing the pump, but the dealer assured me that the mechanic with 22 years of experience who replaced the pump was the best around. I know vehicles will have minor problems, but when you are in the shop three times in the first 10,000 miles, you begin to wonder.

Size is very nice and power is great.

Ford needs to improve the quality control of their vehicles before they let them out of the factory. Obviously there was a breakdown in QA/QC with my truck.

Love My Truck
By FordEquestrian

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I absolutely adore my new Ford Super Duty, I couldn't really ask for anything more. I pull a 20' goose neck horse trailer on a regular basis and I drive this truck long and hard. I have never had a single problem with the truck, it does everything I ask, and it does it well...if only my horses always followed suit. Bottom line: love it.

Heated Seats - c'mon, who doesn't love that? Shift on the Fly 4WD - my old '96 Ford didn't have this, and let me tell you, not having to get out and turn the hubcaps when you're up to your running boards in mud is a HUGE plus!

This has less to do with the truck than the economy, but lower fuel prices!