Used 2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Ford is now a household name
By Dale Bennett

2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Be prepared to be amazed

14000 miles, fuel pump fails
By Ed Bartline

2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Went to my dealership to have my oil and fuel filters changed. When they put it back together the fuel pump failed. Thankfully it was under warranty. But, this does not hold well with me. If this failed what next. Also, the check coolant sensor light came on. The coolant was fine. They had to reset it.

F250 Buyer Beware
By Rod Gilmore

2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased off the lot a new 2016 Ford F250 SuperDuty Lariat 4 door crew cab short box, 4 x4. I was looking for a pickup to replace my 2006 HD2500 Chevy Durmax. This F250 had everything supposedly needed to tow a 5th wheel camper and pull my fishing boat behind the camper. This pickup was listed as having the camper package and the towing package and it had the Ford 6.7 Powerstroke diesel. The Ford booklet on SuperDuty pickups listed this package as having a 5th wheel towing capacity of just over 15,000 pounds. This was over 3,000 pounds more than my camper weighs. I bought the truck, had a B&W 5th wheel turnover ball installed and installed the B&W 5th wheel companion system. The first time I took the pickup with the camper out on the interstate, I almost wrecked. The back end of the truck sagged way down and the front end was light. I swayed all over the road at 70 mph. I had to drive 60 mph to keep it in my lane. Long story short I found out I have the lightest rear leaf springs ford makes for their trucks, 2700 pound springs (a local truck place ran the leaf spring serial numbers for me). They make 4 different weight of springs up to 4400 pounds. The dealership could not explain why I had light duty springs on a 3/4 diesel truck with towing and camper packages. My dealership did pay to put in air bags to resolve the towing issue but I had to pay for the onboard compressor and gauge. Ford corporate blew me off. Informed me this was the correct leaf spring setup for the truck. I have ran across other Ford SuperDuty owners in my area who have experienced the same towing issue with their trucks. If you look at an F250 or F350 and there are only two main leafs, a light helper on top and a shorter leaf spring on the bottom, you probably have the light leaf spring system. Do not expect that light leaf spring setup to work for pulling.

F-250 is just what we needed!
By Richard Jones

2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Great value...so far our only complaint is that there is no real room to store things, and without a center console, arm rests should be a given. Drives well and pulls well!

Awesome!!
By jack

2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty Platinum 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck!! It's awesome in power (6.7!! powerstroke), ride, and I feel as I am sitting at home on my leather chair. Great for the family as well.