Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Super Sized
By Richard

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My last full sized pickup was in 1979 and it was a Ford. I recently sold a Class A 36 foot diesel pusher motor home with a 350 Cat and an Allison transmission, and I wanted to down size and pull a 30ft 5th wheel trailer. Looks, comfort, visibility,craftsmanship, paint, raw power, transmission, tow mode - all better then expected.Did I mention the power - a 10 plus! My pick-up is a 4X4 with 1800 miles on the truck, from sea level to 5500 feet altitude in 270 miles, pulling the 5th wheel trailer the trucks trip computer says 8.0 mpg at 65 MPH. In town average 13-14 mpg. I got 7-8 MPG with the motor home and lived in the slow lane. Towing at 70 MPH up hill with my Super Duty is effortless.

Looks, inside and out.

Fuel mileage is never good enough. If If was getting 8 MPG I would like 12 MPG, If I was getting 35 MPG I would like 38. Fuel mileage is something to work on.

Great Truck - 1st Diesel
By Urocyon

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck. My first diesel. Only 3,000 miles on the truck so far. Lots of power. A very smooth running truck and quick off the line. Just completed a 2,500 mile round trip from southern California to New Mexico and averaged 15 mpg on the trip over and 16+ mpg on the way back, traveling 70- 75 miles per hour the entire trip and climbing 7,500 ft. passes along the way. Only 9-10 mpg around town. This is not a truck for running errands around town, but met my expectations for a long road trip. I have been told to expect the mileage to improve as the engine breaks in and it seems to be heading that way. The truck ran very well, very comfortable, very quiet and reliable.

Great looks, very comfortable. Folding mirrors, cabin refinements, 20 inch tires and rims, quiet diesel, overall visibility, nice solid interior, step on tail gate. Quiet running. Had my truck running near my friend's older super duty with diesel. His truck was much louder than mine.

Improve the mileage. Improve the navigation system. This is my 3rd vehicle with a navigation system, the other two being GM products. The GM navigation system is definitely more sophisticated. The Ford Nav system has fewer features, does not calculate the best route.

11.8 mpg
By frenchy

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 F350 4x4 King Ranch LWB 5.4L. This is my second diesel and definitely my last Ford diesel. Last one was a 2004 F350 that did about 18.4 mpg and then I get this low sulfur petro burning sponge at best demonstrated 11.8 mpg. Yeah I would probably get 13mpg @ 65 mph but I am in TX and the speed limit is 70-80 on the interstate. I have taken it to the dealer and all they can say is be patient it will get better. Wrong answer. For a 50K truck I better get results. The dealer has given me cash, free tank of gas, free oil change, and other things but Ford engineers screwed up big time on the MPG in 2008. I should have went back to Chevy with a dura

MPG. That emissions cleaning system that blows white smoke when it cleans the intake out. It looks like you blew an engine going into turn one.

Overall good truck
By Tony Reaves

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my King Ranch for 2 weeks now. Gas mileage is as expected around 12.5 mpg for mainly all highway driving. This vehicle lacks many options that should be standard for a truck of this price, but it is the best looking truck on the market right now. I had to add some options after market that could be standard. Overall, seems like it will be a great truck.

Instrument gauge cluster, large center console, Bold styling, interior space, King Ranch seats are the best on the market. Reverse camera is a nice option. Tow command is a nice option to have with the "AUX" upfitter switches.

Needs car seat latch anchors, much larger garbage container (it is useless due to size.) Daytime running lights. Radio/Nav package is over priced for quality. Much better to use aftermarket equipment for radio/nav and bluetooth. "Auto" up/down function for all windows.

Strong truck
By BILL

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great looking truck with lots of power. It has been a wonderful experience to own one so far. The towing mileage could be better but driving on the open road I get 18 mpg at 64 mph.

Interior/exterior styling. Great engine performance.

Better towing mileage.