Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

terrible truck
By samspat

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

the worst riding truck ever owned just hit 85000 miles needed tune up 7 of the 8 spark plugs stuck in the head and broke mechanic had to buy special tool they say some are charging up to 1200.00 for tune up got to get rid of it before next tune up

2008 F250 Blown Motor
By remax5915

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I kept reading post after post on the internet about the 6.4 and wondering if my day would come? Well here it is. My $58,000 truck with 126,000 miles on it, with no warning except for the temp. gauge climbing, which I immediately pulled over and stopped trashed the motor. Guess I knew after Ford adandoned the motor after only three years I was in trouble. Shame on you Ford!!
Thanks for no help and a $17,000 repair bill..........

Take care of your customers.................

Great Truck
By haulsalot1

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the truck new for towing our 31 foot camper. The 6.4 with auto trans does a fantastic job. I have had one problem with the backup camera but the dealer fixed that problem. The truck has 26,000 miles on it and has done everything I have wanted it to do. I will buy another Ford when the time comes to replace this one. I just don't see it happening for a long time.
I love my truck....

Electric swing out mirrors. Back up camera. Chrome package. Drive train. I don't think 700 characters is enough.

Don't have anything on the truck but the garage could be a little bigger.

V-10 auto trans. manual hubs.
By RT

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Ordered from the factory. I love the truck overall. It does exactly what I wanted it for. Mileage poor but I knew that. 11.99 max. I can haul over a cord of wood out with a cattle rack, pull any tree I can reach out onto the road anywhere anytime. The power train has been awesome. The exterior not so much. Sheet metal and paint very weak. Bed is too easily damaged with under max recommended loads.

Power. Towing. Load hauling. Room. Comfort.Ride. Mirrors. Tow / brake package is great.

The thin sheet metal is not helping the mileage so put some metal back on the dang thing. Way too light in the back end, a heavier bumper.

Happy Fx4 diesel owner
By Happy old dude

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck to replace my last 4wd. We purchased a 30' travel trailer and the previous truck just couldn't cut the mustard! This SD justs runs away with it! This is my first diesel as I never would pay the extra but I always wanted one. WOW! I shouldn't have waited so long. I have always loved my Ford trucks and this one is the best I have ever owned. For it's size, it gets decent mileage. I can squeak 17mpg on the highway driving 68-70 mph. If I drive 80 mph, it get about 15mpg. Combined city and highway and driving pretty hard, I get 14mpg. Not bad for a giant, heavy truck. I had a 76 Chevy 4wd way back when that got 10 mpg and if I were really careful I could get 11mpg!

Torque!

I hate the poorly designed door pockets. I use them and anything I put in there rattles. That ought to tell you how much I like this truck. That is all I have to complain about!