Used 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Great truck
By Chet

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I guess I'm the lucky one. In almost 6 years of towing I had vacuum pump go out that controlled the AC flow and a tubo hose blew off. We pull a 12,000 lb. 5th wheel from Florida to the Colorado Rockies each summer and the Powerstroke Diesel is an animal. It's almost fun to pull the big passes in the mountains as well as using tow command coming down. This engine is made to pull! After the warranty expired I did an EGR delete. This has been a major weak link with the '04 and '05 Powerstroke. The last time I had service the report was the brakes, tie rods,and suspension are fine. I had the computer reset to current Ford specs and drive, not towing, with a tonneau cover and get 18 mpg hwy

Pulling power, tow command, mirrors, BF Goodrich tires. Good stereo.

Too late for improvements on this model.

My Dream Truck
By Sad Johnny

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I waited years to buy my dream truck. The Ford F250 Diesel Super Duty Crew Cab. The last truck I would ever need to purchase. I just brought my truck in to the dealer, water pressure in the coolant reservoir. Service people with out looking under the hood told me what was wrong. The oil cooler and EGR cooler would need to be replaced. If not caught in time serious engine damage, head gaskets and worse $5,000 and worse. To all out there with a 6.0 diesel or thinking of buying one, consider the oil cooler a maintenance item at 50,000 miles. Have it replaced. From what I have read while learning whats wrong with my truck this is the major cause of problems on this engine. Pass it on

Diesel Disaster 6.0 Turbo
By Dave

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Ford issued a recall for diesel emissions in late 2005, and blamed Ca Air Res Board for recall. NOT TRUE! Ford issued internal recall under state statute violation, and then recalibrated all 6.0 diesels. Performance dropped, turbos started blowing, mileage in the tank, continued issues with the EGR systems and oil leaks. THESE TRUCKS ARE TERRIBLE. I paid premium money for this truck, and am now in lemon law process and Ford is fighting me back and say nothing is wrong, but at the same time gave me 200K warranty on engine.. Yeah right. Piece of crap engine and NOT what I paid for and with this recall on problems they blame on CARB, as indicated by dealers, that is a flat out lie! Stay away!

It use to be the TORQUE it had until the Ford mandated recall when performance when in the toilet! They are lying about this recall. Do a Public Records Act Request from CARB on this issue. Right there in Black and white.

Yes, stay away from the 6.0 diesel. Ford knows they have a SERIOUS problem, and that is why they are buying them back in droves.

'05 F250 4X4 5.4L 2DR GAS
By MICHAEL SCHROLL

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought used with only 11000 miles. Now has 36864 on it. Bounces and shakes uncontrolable after hit bumps. Cost $795 to fix rear brakes after they seized up for no reason. Others I've talked with had same problems. Only buy if needing 3/4 ton or large truck. Otherwise I'd stick with Toyota or Nissan.

larger cab

to many to list

F250 Violent,dangerous shaking
By scared2driveford

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I was traveling on the I 280 south freeway with my daughter to a soccer tournament in my 2005 F250 4x4 super duty truck. We were in cruise control going approx 55 mph. We drove over what I believe was a large expansion joint on the freeway. Immediately after we traveled over joint, the vehicle start to violently shake and vibrate. After a tense moment of complete terror as the vehicle became extremely difficult to control and continued to shake violently we came to a unsafe stop on the freeway. After the complete stop, I immediately had to speed up again to prevent being rear-ended in the middle of the freeway. This vehicle is extremely dangerous and needs to be removed from the road.

Complete Suspension overhaul!!!!