Used 2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Don't buy one you will be sorry
By Ralph

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the second lemon Ford pickup I have bought and it will be the last I lost thousands of dollars on the first one, a 1983 F150; bad engine 3000 miles - in shop most of the first year I owned it or should I say it owned me. Ford was indifferent to my pleas for help then and things have not changed a bit. In 2004 bought F250 Harley Davidson model. Broke down on road first 400 miles. Been down hill ever since than with a laundry list of problems a/c blows on windshield whenever it has the mind to. Transmission slips out of gear in first, When fuel applied it bangs back hard enough to rattle your teeth. Bad tire on truck - Ford points finger at Goodyear , Goodyear points finger at Ford.

Check engine light on will be back to dealer for this after 4th of July holiday. Truck has had numerous recalls including total transmission tear down. Problems mentioned above could not be found by dealer, so never fixed. Will be trading this junk in after check engine light issue.

13000 miles on truck and will be losing about $25,000 dollars on this one. Buying Toyota FJ Cruiser hoping to spend more time driving, less time at dealership repair shops. I would suggest Ford stops building poor quality trucks and become responsive to their customer's problems.

Sensei Yondan
By HarleyDavidson ed

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I enjoy the Harley edition, Get many compliments with the color scheme.

Roomy.

Better fuel improvements, Only get 13.5 MPG with the diesel.

safe powerful impressive
By john

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck intimidates, nobody pulls out in front of me. The 5.4 pulls my 10,000lb low boy great. This truck is so comfortable (I have a replaced hip). The seat feels so good I don't want to ever get out of the truck.iI can't think of anything I don't like. This is like only my 17th truck, I'm keeping this one for a while.

I like how everything works like it's supposed to or better than it's supposed to.

Free gas for life (ha!).

nice
By john berens

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

A lot of power in small package.Pull a 34 footer and does a fine job. No real problems other then 2 recalls. Love the auto transmission with brake. It`s like a car to drive very responsive and braking is great.

Auto transmission braking, accessibility to controls of radio lights etc.

I have the Lariat model and would like to see a little more wood accessory on dash and more chrome on door handles and mirrors.

Great Truck
By Richard Yager

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I tow a 10000+LB RV 90% of the time. My truck has the 6L diesel TS transmission. It is a super performer and handling truck. Love it. PS Do not like the low speed noise.

Nice interior, very roomy and comfy. Like the looks and build quality.

Less noise of diesel engine like Duramaxes.