Used 2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Read This
By familyguy129

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought my truck. I bought it used as a company truck. I love the truck it is really different from the half ton GMC sierra that I was driving. My Ford is clean and looks good. It has so much power. It is quiet and does not run like a diesel. It has great pick up. I pull a large tool trailer and a large trailer usually loaded with lumber. It pulls these trailers with no problem. I often forget I even have a trailer hooked up. I love my 4X4. It has gotten me out of several sticky situations. I added some after market BF Goodrich dueller a/t tires it really looks good. I ride high and get to see things that I never would have seen in my half ton.

The large back seat is great for my kids. I like the color schemes that Ford has choosen for these trucks and also for the 2007 models.

great truck
By redwood forester

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Average just over 18 MPG; as a forester I tow very little. Mostly small city/ hilly driving. Have had no problems with the truck. My biggest gripe is the terrible turning radius, something I need out in the mountainous forests where I work.

I'd like to be able to maximize fuel economy, not power, it already has plenty of power.

F 250 Gas
By Rhino

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck overall. Diesel would be better, could not justify price increase.

Can carry all the people, dogs, or load needed.

A little more power out of the gas motor.

Dumped by a diesel
By Frustrated WNY

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the 6.0L diesel, nothing but trouble; 6 injectors,1 turbo charger and exhaust tube, wiring problems at my expense now along with EGR valve, and continual door latch problems along with weather molding problems. Seems sad Ford in Detroit acknowledges problems but has no fix; told me not to drive it too much! More shopping around coming up - have had Fords for 30+ years, NO MORE. Cannot hold 65- 70mph speeds without engine shutter, no problems found by techs, and not the tires either!

Great power when operating correctly, fuel mileage also good for a big truck and good payload capacity.

Replace the 6.0L diesel at their expense, put the Duramax in it.

Don't buy one you will be sorry
By Ralph

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the second lemon Ford pickup I have bought and it will be the last I lost thousands of dollars on the first one, a 1983 F150; bad engine 3000 miles - in shop most of the first year I owned it or should I say it owned me. Ford was indifferent to my pleas for help then and things have not changed a bit. In 2004 bought F250 Harley Davidson model. Broke down on road first 400 miles. Been down hill ever since than with a laundry list of problems a/c blows on windshield whenever it has the mind to. Transmission slips out of gear in first, When fuel applied it bangs back hard enough to rattle your teeth. Bad tire on truck - Ford points finger at Goodyear , Goodyear points finger at Ford.

Check engine light on will be back to dealer for this after 4th of July holiday. Truck has had numerous recalls including total transmission tear down. Problems mentioned above could not be found by dealer, so never fixed. Will be trading this junk in after check engine light issue.

13000 miles on truck and will be losing about $25,000 dollars on this one. Buying Toyota FJ Cruiser hoping to spend more time driving, less time at dealership repair shops. I would suggest Ford stops building poor quality trucks and become responsive to their customer's problems.