Used 2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

I have been power "stroked"
By joe

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my first 1997 used F-250 diesel. $2700 injecters/$4000 transmission/a few thousand here and there for misc. After around $10,000 in repairs I thought "guess I better get rid of this truck". (and because it had developed a miss) I thought, "maybe because it was used?" So I buy a new 2004 and thought my problems are over. (some of you 6 liter owners are laughing with me (or at me) truck has 40k; been in shop between 20 to 30 times (several times there were no tickets) fuel injection problems, computer problems, turbo problems, new alternator, new fuse box, and the list goes on for miles and miles (unlike my truck, which is back- firing and missing now (3rd or 4th time in shop) Now its a quest. Junk

Ford rules the interior on the crewcabs. Customers who buy crewcabs dont want 3rd door, clubcabs or extended cabs. They want supercrew cabs, the biggest selling point of my purchase. Controls are big and user friendly. Exteriors are really nice too.

Simplify designs with the least amount of parts,sensors,etc./go old school design"with what works"and what federal emmissions will allow. Customers would rather pay a little more than to compromise dependability. Ford needs to take a chance.

A big truck
By turkeymon

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a big truck with a lot of room inside. The fuel mileage really surpised me. I am getting 20+ mpg on the highway. I have the 5.4 motor, which has plenty of power for what I do. It is a great looking truck.

The large interior. The fuel mileage for a large truck. The exterior profile.

More stylish interior and softer back seat.

4dr 4x4 F-250
By don carson

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Most dependable and comforable and powerful truck I've ever owned. I have owned 5 Dodge trucks and 6 Chevrolet trucks. Wish I would have bought a Ford F-250 6.0 diesel before now.

Easy handling

If you want to move the heaven and earth
By SooperDooty

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck to tow my 5th wheel RV. I've towed with several Expeditions in the past, this is my first diesel! Kudo's to Ford, the top selling pickup in the world...why? Because it gives you what you want a truck for. Towing, working, playing, great performance, great quality, no problems, reliable and good fuel economy! Try towing a 11,000 lb trailer with a Honda or Toyota! Not! All I've had to do as far as maintainance is oil changes, fluid changes, tires, batteries, etc. No reliability issues what so ever. Truck looks great, accelerates like a bull charging a matador, and gets twice the mileage as the Expedition I used to tow with. Seats 6 full size adults, too!

Big, powerful, economical, well made, easy to drive, thrilling acceration with the turbodiesel. Comfortable to drive for long distances, feels safe and secure. Big, heated, telescopic tow mirrors so you can see behind you and your trailer!

Wonderful vehicle, all the issues with this truck do not ammount to anything! And the new Super Duties have improved on virtually everything!I'll buy another F250 soon! Or maybe a 350!

Get Extended Warranty
By John Urby

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After initial warranty period lapsed, I experienced several major repairs. Air conditioner ($1,500) compressor and related equipment because the front of the compressor popped off. Replaced left front wheel assembly due to grinding noise ($1,500). Oxygen sensor on exhaust went out and computer has been readjusted a couple of times. Diesel Engine (6.0) is strong, but not fuel efficient. Would recommend the purchase of an extended warranty to protect your investment. I would purchase Ford F250 again.

Added a leaf to the front suspension to support winch and replacement front bumper. Engine performance in dirt and mud is excellent. I like the locking rear tailgate.

Back seat is extremely uncomfortable for passengers. There isn't much padding.