Used 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Bravo!
By Mark

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding vehicle in every way. 12-13 mpg city/highway with 6.8L and 3:73 non limited slip rear. Best mileage at 16 mpg empty on open road at 60 mph. Motor has plenty of power and is good choice if diesel is not an option. Motor is strong at 97k, burns 1/3 to 1/2 quart between 4k oil changes. I will look to replace it with similar options. Thanks Ford!

Exterior -- full chrome front bumper (no colored plastics). Grill is nice retro of earlier 1950's F series.

Higher front springs -- remember the ol' 1972 F-250 "hi boy". The body needs protective corner covering on lower front sides of pickup bed. Rocks kick up and chip the paint on lower pickup box where it separates from main body.

What a woman thinks of her truck
By A. Robbins

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I LOVE this Truck! It has been a much better experience than the two Toyotas, a Ford F-150 or the two Dodge trucks I've owned. It is a V-10 and I have very few complaints about it. I would recommend this truck to anyone who needs a heavy duty truck. A lot of people ask why I drive such a large truck, and I must reply that I never have to ask anyone to help me move something or go to the dump with yard waste.

The room in the cab is great. I like how much area the passengers in the back seat get for leg room. My daughter is very tall, and with the other extra cabs I've owned she had to sit sideways. There is plenty of room for her friends. I like that I sit up high to see over the traffic in front of me.

Please improve the brakes, make them last longer and more effective. Do something about the stiff ride. I would like AC vents in the back seat. I would like a easily removable tailgate. I would like a bit more storage area behind the back seat for packages while shopping. A standard lift kit please

Super Tough Super Duty
By Riverrat57

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

This truck pulls an 11,500 pound trailer - it has pulled it through the Appalachians, the Black Hills, and the Big Horn Mountains without any trouble whatsoever. It exudes power. It has been trouble free for 71,000 miles and has many many more trouble free miles left in it. What a great truck!

Power, styling, room, comfort - heck it even gets 17.5 mpg in daily driving which is city and highway mixed.

The ONLY trouble I've had with the truck are the front door actuators that pop the locks. At 4 years old they have given up the ghost and I will be replacing them this weekend. They should last longer than 4 years!

Terrific Truck
By Skip H

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this truck since May of 2001.I've never had any reliability issues and it does any thing I want to do.I pull a 26ft trailer all over the country and the power of the V10 is more than one really needs. The mileage isn't too bad for a truck of this size with a big engine,10mpg city and 16 to 18 on the road.

I like everything about the truck.

Biggest truck I'll ever need
By Tony1790

2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for over 3 yrs now and so far the only problems that I've had are a bad COP and I've had to have the 4x4 hubs replaced under warranty. I've heard problems with the tranny and spark plugs but thus far have not had any of those problems.

Leather seats, 4 real doors and an 8 foot bed.

Most already done with the '05's.