Used 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Great Truck
By Arizona

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB

Bought my F250 new have 150K on it and not a problem one with the 7.3L diesel. Pull a 34' 5th wheel with it and it does not skip a beat.. Fuel economy is good for a truck of this size..16-17 city --21-23 hyway.. pulling I get between 12 and 14 MPG. Better than my gas truck use to get.

The diesel, quiet interior

CD changer, and radio controls on the steering wheel

Truck
By 1999fordguy

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Awesome truck. Rides nice for a heavy truck. Stiff on the road. Nice for towing and awesome gas mileage for such a big truck

The power stroke 7.3l

None

The Mighty V10
By emmettrealtor

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

We bought the truck with 150,000 miles on it. We have since then put another 10,000 miles on it and it still runs like a champ. 4x4 works amazing! We love it! The only thing is that you need to change your spark plugs at about every 50k to ensure that they won't blow out of the head. That's expensive. Computer console has a short and does not work. All in all love the truck and will not trade for a long long time.

4x4ing capability, power, gas mileage for size of truck, huge interior room.

Recall on sparkplug problem

Great Heavy Duty Truck
By Alan

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I purchased my 1999 in 2005 for about $15,000 with about 45,000 miles on it, and it had a 5th wheel hitch and normal receiver hitch already on it. Mine is the Lariat with 4WD, and full 8' bed, with the V-10 gasoline. Primary use was to ocasionaly pull a boat with the normal hitch or horse trailer with the 5th wheel. Does a very good job pulling either one! Gas mileage is poor, but with the big V-10 you should expect that. I only get about 10-11 mpg highway when not pulling, and with a heavy horse trailer loaded it drops down to the 8 mpg range on highway. It seats 5 with no issues and is comfortable. You do have to "climb up" into it - and ride is stiff when not loaded or pulling.

Very reliable - I only put about 3000 miles per year on mine, and have only had I minor issue, with the speed sensor on the rear differential going out - I replaced myself for $10.

Doing any work on the V-10 can be a challenge - I am 6'2" and sometimes have to use a stepladder. Replacing the spark plugs is very tough, and the year ones are very difficult to access.

Ford F250 superduty Powerstroke
By Jenn

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This is my son's truck and I love to drive it. Its awesome, 6 speed manual transmission, 4-Wheel drive, its one Tough truck. It gets around 18 mpg. And its used for work, he is always pulling something with it. He puts that truck through a test daily. Even my brother who is a mechanic loves the truck, he said that truck has some pulling power.This truck has even pulled a Dodge backwards that had a Cummins in it.

I love the 6 speed manual transmission. The 7.3 Powerstroke, its one awesome engine. Oh yeah I can't forget the whistle of the turbo, when shifting.