You'll easily find a pickup that meets your needs in the diverse 2017 Ford F-150 lineup. The F-150 boasts high tow and payload ratings and some of the best fuel economy in the light-duty segment. The off-road-ready Raptor is back, too, and ready to dominate any terrain you put in front of it.
The latest generation F-150 offers all the performance you need along with a refined modern touch. It has some features such as the Pro Trailer Backup Assist system, which allows you to control the direction of your trailer with a simple dashboard mounted knob. There's also the F-150's impressively quick Sync 3 infotainment system, a quiet cabin, and all the available luxury amenities you could ask for. Aluminum body panels and an aluminum bed (rather than traditional steel) help make the 2017 F-150 the lightest truck in its class, too. Put it all together and you've got one of our favorite trucks on the road.
- Impressively high tow and payload ratings
- Lots of available comfort, convenience and safety tech
- Wide number of available engines
- Raptor version is outstanding off-road
- Aluminum body panels can be more expensive to repair than steel
- Ride is somewhat stiff when the bed is empty
- We found it difficult to match the 2.7-liter engine's EPA ratings