2015 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

1st and last Ford i will ever buy!!
By mike thomas

2015 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i have always been a GM guy. But when I went to buy a new truck in December of 2015, I decided to be un-bias and drive all the half ton pick up trucks on the market. Then make my purchase based on exterior styling, interior comfort and design, performance, and mpg ratings. Well to be honest I liked the FORD F-150. So I bought the truck brand new with 9 miles on it. XLT Sport 2wd with 302A interior. Loved the truck. Then at 2800 miles my driver side ball joint came off and my truck was sitting on its driver front tire and rim. Luckily for Ford I had just exited the freeway to get a bottle of water and some sunflower seeds. I am an outside salesman, so I drive a lot. Well when backing out of my parking spot at the gas station it broke off. So I call ford and they tow it to the dealership I bought it from which was about 10 miles away. No problem yet. When I get to the dealership the tell me I have to pay for a rental car, because I did not buy an "extended warranty protection plan." My response was, "Why would I need an extended warranty for a brand new truck with 2800 miles on it? An extended warranty plan is after the factory bumper to bumper warranty is over." They told me, "Ford doesn't give rental cars unless you have an extended rental agreement. Because of the amount of cars that come in every day to all the dealerships with warranty issues." Bottom liner is I bought a 45K truck and neither the Ford Dealership, or Ford Motor company would give me a rental car while my truck was in for a manufacturers defect. So I will never buy another FORD product again. Just a side not you all should know FORD quit using cotter pins in like 2012. Must be part of their weight savings, for fuel economy push.

2015 f150 Platinum 3.5L, disappointed...
By Dave

2015 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Owned the 2015 f150 Platinum 3.5L Ecoboost for 9 months/14,000 miles, 3/2016 sold 11/2016. Being 6'5" could never get comfortable compared to the previous 10 f150's and 2 f250's owned. Lane departure stopped working 2 months into ownership, front rotors have gouges, right side of windshield had a waviness blemish between ply's, engine developed an oil seep, seat backs are thin, you can feel all of the controls, wires etc. for the massaging seats in the back and they squeak. Cooled seats stink, heat works well. Drivers seat leather starting to fade and all seats are so slick that all contents end up on floor under moderate braking. AND the aluminum body, forget it, it actually looks like it has dents/ripples all over IMO, creases around door handles, poor fit and finish and the hood actually bounces going down the road due to min stiffeners. Using adaptive cruise control on the highway, around corners, can be tricky if there is slower traffic in the lane next to you, the FLIR see's the traffic as being in your lane and clamps on the brakes, not a warm and fuzzy feeling. Ride is horrible over rough roads and the back end is so light it feels dangerous but man is she quiet inside if the sun roof rails aren't squeaking (requires several opens and closes to "reset" it. When standing in the bed you can hear it bend, moan and groan, I am only 215 lbs. MY BAD for dropping 49k on the POS! live and learn. Traded it in for a 2013 f150 5.0. LOVE the 2013... LED's are way cool though, that's about it... I am in aviation and pay extreme attention to detail and baby all of my vehicles. Again, I'm a Ford guy for life and thought "stepping up" to the Platinum I would be ecstatic, boy was I wrong.

2015 xlt 2.7 ecoboost . Crewcab 4x4
By Bmt plumbing & heating

2015 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2.7 ecoboost crew can 4x4 xlt with the 302a package. Everything you need and want. I am currently getting 22.8 high way, the truck really has balls, it's very quiet , handles pretty decent , better the. The 2011 that I previously had, not too cray about the auto start auto stop .truck is awesome, good on gas, fast, luxurious. Not sure about some of these negative ratings, must be some Chevy owners bashing the #1 selling truck in America , and there's a reason it's number 1. Love the truck.

TIN CAN ALLEY
By Joe

2015 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this in August of 15 only to find out that my brand newly redesigned state of the art aluminium truck s radio was old technology, bad call ford. This was a 43000 dollar truck yet it had a hard plastic dash and the armrest in the front doors were thinly padded while the ones in the back were hard plastic, the seats looked like they were made from potato sacks, this was an SLTmodel. Now let's get to the turbo 3.5L. first 2000 miles this thing was like a speed racer, then it started to have very delayed reactions to input from my foot, I broke it in properly, but after that it was downhill from there, it jerked and when it would finally spool up it would jerk your head back. But I also wanted to include this, when it rains you might as well forget having a conversation with whoever is seated next to you, it sound like a heard of elephants are trampling across that aluminum hood. When you walk in the back of the bed, it pops and cracks. The door alignment and body panels look like my first plastic model car I put together at the age of 6. I've always been a For, but after 10000 miles in 14 months I just have had enough. I am now driving a 2016 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve, and it has everything on it, leather, navigation, around view cameras led lights and big V8, all for less than 55,000$, ford can't touch that deal at all.

Never Again for Ford
By chillydawg

2015 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2015 Ford F150 XL Ecoboost 4x4 Sport ten months ago. Within the first two months, on my way to work in the woods, every light on the panel lit up. Truck went into "limp mode". After taking over an hour to get home (I was only about 20 minutes away), I called roadside assistance and set up for a tow to the dealer. Tow truck came within an hour and off to the dealer we went. I was given a loaner and told, "we'll call you when we know what's wrong". Days pass and after no call from the dealer, I called them to see what was wrong with my new truck. They said, "Nothing, no lights came on". I got real upset because I knew they didn't even drive the truck. I asked how did they come to that conclusion? They said, "the computer shows no codes". Now I went off and told them I'll be right there and your service manager will go for a test drive with me. They said no, they'll take it out. Two hours later they called me to tell me my truck has a serious problem that it did in fact "code up" while being driven. They told me they needed to order a very hard to get part; a Throttle Body". A bit of history with Ford and the bad Throttle Body parts they use. In 2013, after numerous customer complaints, NHTSA went after Ford for their use of bad Throttle Body parts. In short, they did a "Customer Satisfaction Program" and replaced the defective Throttle body parts, and extended the warranty on the part. NHTSA NEVER made FORD do a formal recall even though thousands of cars and different models were affected. The "Customer Satisfaction Program" expired in November 2015, but guess what? Yup, Ford continues to use the defective parts in their new vehicles. My F150, my friend's Explorer, my other friend's Edge, all had Throttle Body failure soon after purchasing new vehicles. I wish I did this research before I bought the truck, but knew nothing about the Throttle Body issue to look into it. Now, month 10, the transmission is failing and fast. I stop at a light, give it gas to go and BANG followed by a jerk. Took it to the dealer, and since they couldn't get a "code", they said no problem. You are to drive it until it's dead and must be towed in. Not very reliable. Last weekend, Columbus Day, I took the loss and got rid of it. Traded it in and went back to my Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4x4 that never gave me a problem. NEVER, ever for Ford again.