Used 2012 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

my ford
By Patrick Fiero

2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

One of the best cars I have ever owned,and I have owned many cars,i.e. Mercedes-Benz,BMW,Lexus,Toyota,Chevy,Buick,Cadillac,Nissan,Pontiac,Range-rover,Hummer,to name a few!

Nicest truck I have ever owned and drove...but
By john fielder

2012 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is amazing but my only complaint is the negative reviews on Ecoboost engines are correct but I do have a warranty five year on it s

Love my Raptor
By Jaime brown

2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

When you are going from a Shelby GT500 to a pickup truck just any truck will not do. My Raptor has smoother ride on bumpy roads and its preformance helps make up for not driving the Shelby. It is great in the winter snow as well.

Very fun to drive, great towing
By J M

2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Eco boost engine is smooth and powerful. Ave mpg 18.love to drive it. Bought it new. Had to replace tires recently.

Not so Eco Friendly Eco Boost
By Brand

2012 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a 2012 F150 Lariat with 80K miles on it. It now has 90K miles on it and I'm getting rid of it and here's why.... Pro's: very comfortable ride, plenty of power when not having issues, lots of storage space and rear seat space, interior quality is nice. Cons': the ecoboost engine has been getting worse and worse gas mileage the more I drive it. I get about 12.5 mpg city and 18 hwy. As mentioned by several others, it has a serious lag problem when you go to accelerate past a vehicle. First time I had this happen I was traveling up a hill trying to pass a semi truck. The vehicle felt like it was going to shake apart and seems like the transmission is complete junk. Now I've been getting a horrible humming noise any time there's rain or snow at slow speeds and while slowing down. I've had 4 mechanics including ford look at it...I keep getting "we've never heard anything like this before." Ford has been useless in finding a solution to the issue. As nice as the truck looks and rides, it's not worth the engine/transmission issues it will give you. I'd look at at GMC in the same price range.