Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

8,000 Miles Update
By rpinks_99

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Beware if you park this truck on a sloped driveway.
Or a side street for that matter if you're in the mountains.

The location of the fuel sensor in the tank is a huge issue to me.
This has happened since purchase, and local dealer refuses to address it other than "park it in the street".

At just above the half-way mark on the fuel gauge, parking it nose down on a slight incline causes the gauge to read "E" and "0 Miles To Empty" the next startup.
Gauge may creep up 1/4 tank or so, but not to the original level; that's after 25 miles or so.

This is hugely inconvenient if my wife takes the truck and is unaware of how much fuel is in the tank.
For $35,000 +, this seems ridiculous.

1 year update
By screwboy

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

It's been almost a year.
Clocked 33K and here's where I stand so far.
I have the ticking engine thing. Doesn't' seem to affect anything but I don't like it.
The 6 speed has the 'hunting' problem I think everyone else has. It's only bad in town.
Mine feels like it drops into gear when I leave stop sign/light.
I had the flash done at service but it still bumps. The seat back thing has gone away. Obviously, I got used to it.
Still liked my Safari seats better.
I rode in a friend's 2010 Ram and it rides smoother, even with the 20s.
I still like the F150 interior better and my mpg are far better than his.
If you can deal with the little defects, F150 is still top competitior

Look of the truck. Interior (especially now that I'm used to the seats). CrewCab room and storage. Ride and 'work ethic'

Fix the tranny and the ticking engine. Maybe more bolstering for the seats? Put door stop points on the hinges. When you open the door you'd better be holding on to it or it's hitting the car/wall/whatever you're next to.

Throw away the Bow tie
By butch0630

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this dark blue beauty at the end of the year and got a super buy.
Rock solid performance and comfort features galore.
I pull a trailer and truck has hard time adjusting to steep downhill grades at low speed.
Engine want to rev real load and first time is scary.
Went to dealer and they told me this was normal.
Biggest suggestion is you spend as much time selecting a dealer as yo do the vehicle.
I drove 3 hours and bought a vehicle from a ealer who did not offer best price but there service and the way they treated me was well worth the cost.
Had proplem with a flat tire and local dealer did not want to honor the nitrogen warantee.
My dealer took care of it over the phone.

Love the ride and the looks I get going down the road.

a bit more beef in power would make this vehicle untouchable

Tapping engine sound in truck cab.
By scottnflorida

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this truck in May 2010. about 5 months later, I start hearing a tapping sound coming from the engine compartment. I figure, no problem. Probably just need to adjust a lifter. I take it into the local Ford dealer and they tell me that Ford has a service bulletin on it. Ford is aware of the noise tapping problem and has determined that this is normal and won't harm the engine or it's components. If I heard that tapping when I first looked at the truck, I never would have bought it. After calling Ford, the company refuses to repair or fix the tapping noise. I hope I'm able to sell this truck now and convince a buyer that tapping from the engine compartment is "Normal" for Ford trucks.

I wouldn't recommend Ford trucks and won't buy another one.

Repair tapping sounds coming from the engine compartment.

1st Ford Ever and Love it
By rdd007

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I thought my dad might have a stroke when I bought this F150......I've had many GM trucks and all had good luck, but decided to change.

I really love this truck....got all the options moonroof, nav, rear camera, etc. I decided to get the max trailering packae w/ 3.73 gear and haven't noticed any difference in mileage from several friend's 3.55 gears. Seems to hold gears a little better. The 5.4 has plenty of power, but could use more (will be doing a programmer soon); just doesn't have the pep that my Chevy 6.2 has.

It rides great and has tons of room and it's perfect for me with family and a job that keeps me on the road. Will give the ecoboost a try when it's been proven.

Navigation is pretty accurate!!, Sync, bluetooth, & Sony Stereo are awesome. Excellent amount of storage room in the back seat. Love Heated and Cooled seats. Rides just as good or better than the Chevy even with the 20" wheels. Love the solid White platinum paint without the lower two tone.

More power (looks like 2011 models have that solved). May try an Ecoboost after a full model year. Maybe a little more transmission calibration. Remote start?? Use 60 series tires instead of 55 for the 20's.