Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Throw away the Bow tie
By butch0630

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this dark blue beauty at the end of the year and got a super buy.
Rock solid performance and comfort features galore.
I pull a trailer and truck has hard time adjusting to steep downhill grades at low speed.
Engine want to rev real load and first time is scary.
Went to dealer and they told me this was normal.
Biggest suggestion is you spend as much time selecting a dealer as yo do the vehicle.
I drove 3 hours and bought a vehicle from a ealer who did not offer best price but there service and the way they treated me was well worth the cost.
Had proplem with a flat tire and local dealer did not want to honor the nitrogen warantee.
My dealer took care of it over the phone.

Love the ride and the looks I get going down the road.

a bit more beef in power would make this vehicle untouchable

Tapping engine sound in truck cab.
By scottnflorida

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this truck in May 2010. about 5 months later, I start hearing a tapping sound coming from the engine compartment. I figure, no problem. Probably just need to adjust a lifter. I take it into the local Ford dealer and they tell me that Ford has a service bulletin on it. Ford is aware of the noise tapping problem and has determined that this is normal and won't harm the engine or it's components. If I heard that tapping when I first looked at the truck, I never would have bought it. After calling Ford, the company refuses to repair or fix the tapping noise. I hope I'm able to sell this truck now and convince a buyer that tapping from the engine compartment is "Normal" for Ford trucks.

I wouldn't recommend Ford trucks and won't buy another one.

Repair tapping sounds coming from the engine compartment.

1st Ford Ever and Love it
By rdd007

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I thought my dad might have a stroke when I bought this F150......I've had many GM trucks and all had good luck, but decided to change.

I really love this truck....got all the options moonroof, nav, rear camera, etc. I decided to get the max trailering packae w/ 3.73 gear and haven't noticed any difference in mileage from several friend's 3.55 gears. Seems to hold gears a little better. The 5.4 has plenty of power, but could use more (will be doing a programmer soon); just doesn't have the pep that my Chevy 6.2 has.

It rides great and has tons of room and it's perfect for me with family and a job that keeps me on the road. Will give the ecoboost a try when it's been proven.

Navigation is pretty accurate!!, Sync, bluetooth, & Sony Stereo are awesome. Excellent amount of storage room in the back seat. Love Heated and Cooled seats. Rides just as good or better than the Chevy even with the 20" wheels. Love the solid White platinum paint without the lower two tone.

More power (looks like 2011 models have that solved). May try an Ecoboost after a full model year. Maybe a little more transmission calibration. Remote start?? Use 60 series tires instead of 55 for the 20's.

Absolutely Beautiful (Red Candy)!
By Adam

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I tow a 25 ft Gulf Stream Rv and the little 4.6L 3V has no problem pulling it as fast as you could ever want to go up any pass we've thrown at it in the Northwest. Even fast around corners in the mountains with an equalizer hitch and the trailer brake controller. The temps engine/trans never change once the vehicle is at operating temp no matter how hard you run it! (seriously) Oh and if you think you need a 5.4 to tow think again. Mine has the 9400 lbs. tow package. It takes off from the lights with serious thrust trailer or not you will be shocked. Imagine taking off in low range4. It is just like that every time. I have the 3:55 traction lock out back. The Red Candy paint is gorgeous!

6 spd. auto, sync, 4.6L 3V, message computers telling everything is a-ok and naming every tested part. Starting the truck is fool proof even for a goof. Blip the key and it will start itself every time 1st time. The words (Built Ford Tough) running across the computer screen after start up! Much more!

The price is scary! Luckily I had X- plan plus $4,500 customer cash plus $1,500 lease return customer loyalty cash and my old 04' Ranger 2wd was paid off. That said my 2010 listed over $36000. I took it away for about 23,000. after trade credit tax and license. My dealer was excellent! Columbia Ford

Ford "great value" and better than GMC
By Bilbur

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Turned in a 2007 GMC Sierra and bought this 2010 Ford Lariat in Sept. This is a great truck and real value over the 2010 GMC. Made one long trip so far and averaged 21.7 mpg @ 70 mph. Have been averaging 17.5 mpg locally through first 1600 miles. Truck is comfortable and quiet and my friends are amazed at its interior roominess. Leather seats are plush and options such as temp controls, back up camera and warning system, memory seats, and automatic dimming mirrors are great. 5.4 V-8 provides sufficient power and torque. 6 spd tranny is good but sometimes searches between 5th and 6th gears at 70-72 mph depending on terrain.

Comfort, ride, plushness, heated & cooled seats, interior room.

One minor issue with me is the height (too low)of the door arm rest and especially the console. If these were about an inch or two higher, it would really enhance the driving position comfort. (they were perfect height in my 2007 GMC Sierra)