Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Why did I wait?
By susa4

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is a review of my 2010 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew bought new in March, 2010.
I have
48,000 miles and zero defects or problems.
The 4.6 24 v engine gets 25 mpg on the interstate at 68 mph using cruise control.
This truck is so quite and rides so much better than our 2008 Ford Explorer. The interior room is abundant and the kids have plenty of room in the back seat.
I have the original Michelin tires (but they should go after 5000 more miles).
When I pull our 28 foot Greywolf travel trailer the mileage declines to 9-10 mph but I have no trouble towing and no problems with sway.
The built-in trailer break is fantastic. Grab one ifyou are looking for a great used truck!

A magic genie to park it in tight spots!

Expected more from a sport truck
By arbrn_hntr

2010 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

For being a sporty full size truck, I expected more luxuries.
My biggest peeve is the WEAK stereo system.
I traded in my Explorer Sport Trac Adrenaline package.
I gave up my sliding rear window, moon roof, adjustable pedals, bed storage compartments, and killer sound system.
Ford did a very poor job with this stereo setup in this truck.
NO BASS, cheap speakers.

Sync, 4.6L (small block V8), clearance

Stereo system sound, more storage compartments under seats and in the be, DC plug in bed, more options for the FX2

There's a reason why these sell...
By student4life

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my Truck for work purposes, and it's performed very well for over two years now.
It's comfortable, very roomy, looks great, and gets over 800km per tank of gas (120L tank option).
I always admire the fit / finish of the interior and it looks great when cleaned up.
I have nearly 60,000 kms on it now and it's only been in the dealership for minor issues, like the tailgate and drivers door not closing perfectly, turns out just realigning the pins fixed it.
Nothing else has been an issue, just scheduled oil changes and maintenance as per ford.
It's got the 6 1/2 foot box so it's 20 feet long overall, but never been an issue to park or drive in the city, great turning radius.

The interior fit and finish, just a great dash layout and looks of high quality. Great looking truck, even with a canopy. The 5.4L V8 sounds great and as far as trucks go gets the mileage I would expect, averaging just what Ford said on the sticker 14/20. The back seats have an enormous amount of room, far more than the GMC, Dodge (except Supercrew) and Toyota 1/2 tonne pickups. I have the NAV and love it, I can access climate control, audio controls, and NAV plus other things through the touch screen, or turn it off completely. Very happy with this truck and have no plans of moving into anything else for some time.

The 5.4L V8 was the last one before the new three engine choices came out, so the power deficit these trucks suffer, compared to the competition (I think it's plenty) has already been addressed. I wouldnt change much, other than giving it a little more power.

2010 Ford F-150 FX2 V8 5.4L
By horse4shoe

2010 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving my truck, its a fun to drive, nice smooth ride, not to bad on gas. I comes with great interior features, for example: a sport sonny sound system with a 700 watt amp in the rear and integrated sub.

the V8 5.4L and the electronics.

Ford should have made that V8 5.4L with at least 350 HP not 310 which is no so much for that big V8. Ford should have figured out on how to power that 700watt amp because if you leave the ignition switch on the ON position it will drain your battery.

2010 F150 XLT 5.4 4X4 Red
By rdevs

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought the truck a few weeks ago with 16,000 miles on it. Was a rental and was a little nervous but paid trade value, warranty is still good for another 4 years, and not a dent on it or interior wear. Love the truck so far and have not a single problem with. Around town I get about 14.5 mpg and on the highway 16.5-17 mpg. More then enough power but down shifting can be very touchy and violent and up shifting is sometimes slow and not crisp but its not really a big deal. The interior is unreal with the amount of space. Seats are very comfortable and the sync system is great. I cant stop driving this thing and I cant wait to put some money in some performance mods to open her up.

5.4, SYNC, interior space, console storage, performance, towing performance, and build quality

transmission was more crisp/decisive in shifting, wish ford still had a manual transmission for the F150, more space under the rear seats a tool box barley fits underneath