Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Look out after purchase.
By Brad

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Watch out for the seat heaters! They go out after a few years. Don't put a sticker inside on the rear window. It takes off the rear window defrost and won't work again. Don't get the dual zone climate control. If the drivers side quits, you have to take out the entire dash to fix the blend air valve! Watch this truck for leaks! Loves to leak around the sunroof and upper rear brake light above the rear window.
Speaking of sunroof, you had better us it about once per week, or NOT AT ALL. The track dries out, and if you try to open it you will break the track! Which the parts aren't expensive, it's all the labor!
They Goodyear tires that came on my FX4 were terrible! I think I got 32,000 miles out of the set. Not what I was expecting.

First Truck
By wick stanley

2010 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Love it. Smooth as silk. Tough, but stylish. Quiet and powerful. What else could you ask for? I have a black one. They should call it "The Panther" :-)

2 1/2 years of trouble-free dependability
By ford4sure

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was the 2nd owner of this 2010 F150 Lariat. It had 33,000 on it and 3000 miles remaining on the warranty (of which expired 2 years ago) when I got it. Now it has 53,500 on it. I HAVE NOT done a thing to it except maintenance oil changes, rotate tires and put gas in it. Great dependability, good riding truck and a pleasure to drive. I occasionally pull a trailer but the truck does not even know it is back there. Very happy and very pleased with the truck and its quality. No issues what-so-ever. Good job Ford. Great Truck.

Smooth ride. Roomy interior. Powerful 5.4-L V8. Love the cooled/vented front seats (I live in hot and humid Florida).

Less plastic on the dashboard and between the front seat consol. It is easy to scratch. Other than that, no complaints at all.

Issues with my F150
By doll3

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Brought the F150 Sept 2010 brand new and have 45,000 miles and brought the extended warranty thank goodness.
Had radio issues and now doesn't work,
three times it won't shift in that won't go past 35 miles.
Have to stop turn off the truck and restart it to get it to work.
Bucks at times.
Dealership won't even look at it says can't do anything until the problem exist.
Call Ford office and have a claim so next time it happens.
Should have to go this far to get it fix and then only if the extended warranty covers it say's the dealer. Ford says a know issues dealer denies that statement.
Won't buy another Ford again.

room in side the cab, beauty, good mileage for a truck good especially on the interstate.

If Ford company knows that there are known issues with shift (they say this is computer issues) and radio's they should fix it.

Initial Review
By meathead212121

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck about a week ago with just under 20k miles on it after trading in an 07' Mazda CX-9 with almost 69k on it. This is only an initial review and I will post a more longterm one after some time.

The Build Quality of this truck is actually really good. All panels line up and even though there is slightly more hard plastic than I'd like on the interior it does give you the feel of luxury all around. There is LOADS of room in the back seat for lounging and the V-8 has plenty of power.

I opted to not have the EcoBoost after hearing some issues it's currently having and I can't say I regret it. Truck purrs like a kitten and has an AMAZING ride

I Like the MyKey and Sync systems in the truck... We intend to let our kids drive it in the future and these are features that will help us keep control over some aspects of driving. Some of the interface can be a little confusing but with practice its really not that bad. Gas mileage for a full sized truck is reasonable... It is no compact car by any means but anyone purchasing a truck should already know they'll be spending more in gas. Ride is extremely smooth and its actually one of the quietest vehicles I've ever driven. Steering is dead on the money for a truck and the 4x4 works very quickly and efficiently to help me get through the touch ND winters

I've heard rumors about a clutch in the rear diff... I feel this was a poor design for a limited slip and if I start to have problems I'll be sure to include them later. Some of the interior pieces are very cheap feeling but from what I've seen of the new body style for 15' this is something that has been addressed very well. Some of the Mykey and Sync interfaces are very confusing to navigate (even without a nav system) but this wasn't a deal breaker for me. Being technologically inclined after a few run-thru's of the system I had it down. Overall, A very nice truck for the price with LOADS more room than I had before. Would highly reccommend